Best chainsaw stihl made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to sell one o_O
Wish I could. When I went on my state paid vacation, my wife, now ex, GAVE them all away. Along with 10 066s, and half a dozen 041 farmbosses. And 2 shovelheads. And on and on the list goes, lol.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Wish I could. When I went on my state paid vacation, my wife, now ex, GAVE them all away. Along with 10 066s, and half a dozen 041 farmbosses. And 2 shovelheads. And on and on the list goes, lol.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

One of these days I’d like to get my hands on a nice 044. A 066 would be pretty sweet as well though!

With modern saws, the ms200t was the best and only stihl saw you needed to own. Husky simply owned the roost in all other respects. Old saws?? Old junk is just junk and old tools are for old fools.
Wow..just wow. why stop at insulting just stihl owners, lets go after anyone with an older tool of some sort.:dizzy:

Yeah.
Older guns too. Worn out.
Glad I didn’t bid on that old Korth the other day......
And those old SnapOn wrenches.......

Carry an iPhone or a bag phone? Glock or S&W 1917? Carbureted car or fuel injection? Mow the lawn with a reel mower or a ZTR. Tedder hay with a Ferguson or JD with filter cab and A/C. You try the newer Snap-On fine tooth ratchets with the adjustable heads? Dig a hole with the shovel or the hop-tow or an excavator? And that was just today. Perhaps I should rephrase: old tools are for cheap old fools. The only reason to run old junk is if you cannot afford anything better but I will assume most folks who have internet access don’t fall into that category and yes stihl still makes overpriced junk.

Carry an iPhone or a bag phone? Glock or S&W 1917? Carbureted car or fuel injection? Mow the lawn with a reel mower or a ZTR. Tedder hay with a Ferguson or JD with filter cab and A/C. You try the newer Snap-On fine tooth ratchets with the adjustable heads? Dig a hole with the shovel or the hop-tow or an excavator? And that was just today. Perhaps I should rephrase: old tools are for cheap old fools. The only reason to run old junk is if you cannot afford anything better but I will assume most folks who have internet access don’t fall into that category and yes stihl still makes overpriced junk.
Wind him up!!!!!!!
Lol
Carry a 1911. My dad got it from a friend that carried it in WW1, my dad did in WW2.
Run a 30 year old 084. Will spank any new 122cc saw.
Fine tooth SnapOn 35 years ago. Still works fine
I got new guns and saws.
But a 1942 Model 71 that has hunted the whole US and still does fine.....what would you do?
You just make grand general statements.
But don’t answer questions yourself.
Then you make large time frames to fit your needs.
Weren’t on the debate club were you.

So we just throw away all our old big tooth ratchets and buy new huh? My mower is carbureted, should I sell it and look for a FI one? Not everyone has a need for an excavator. Besides using a shovel keeps you in shape, sittin in an excavator all day makes you fat and lazy. I don't tedder hay so no need for any of those. just because you can afford a 35 to 50 dollar a month internet bill doesn't mean you can afford or need new tools especially an excavator. I carry neither an I phone or bag phone. what's a Glock and S&W 1917? those new phones? guess i'll remain a Cheap Old Fool.:laugh: Wait, I do have a ZTR so maybe i'm just half of a cheap old fool. :D

and I do NOT ever carry a Glock. No offense to any Glock owners.
Either the 1911 or an alloy frame Hi Power

And just replaced a hydrant the other day. Used a shovel.
And the tractor is a 10” HP from 1977.
Does everything very well.
What would you replace it with. And how much would you spend.
I can go to Europe again on the interest you’d pay

The 036 is a little powerhouse for it's size and weight. I wouldn't trade mine for a 360.

That`s right. The best gains I ever got from porting Stihl saws was on my 036PRO, that is one saw that will never leave me as long as I am standing. I have the MS 360, 361 and 362 in multiples and they are good saws but if one sold I would not miss it much.

So we just throw away all our old big tooth ratchets and buy new huh? My mower is carbureted, should I sell it and look for a FI one? Not everyone has a need for an excavator. Besides using a shovel keeps you in shape, sittin in an excavator all day makes you fat and lazy. I don't tedder hay so no need for any of those. just because you can afford a 35 to 50 dollar a month internet bill doesn't mean you can afford or need new tools especially an excavator. I carry neither an I phone or bag phone. what's a Glock and S&W 1917? those new phones? guess i'll remain a Cheap Old Fool.:laugh: Wait, I do have a ZTR so maybe i'm just half of a cheap old fool. :D

Sounds like you are not too far behind the curve or you live in an apartment. What “old tools” are you running??

and I do NOT ever carry a Glock. No offense to any Glock owners.
Either the 1911 or an alloy frame Hi Power

And just replaced a hydrant the other day. Used a shovel.
And the tractor is a 10” HP from 1977.
Does everything very well.
What would you replace it with. And how much would you spend.
I can go to Europe again on the interest you’d pay

Wow, 9mm is pretty modern. I have you pegged as a cap and ball type. And yes, stihl still makes over priced junk.

Isn’t any Stihl the best ever made?
[emoji1383]‍♂️

Sent from my magic box using Tapatalk

That's the problem with Stihl, the only good ones are their pro saws, most of the rest are heavy and under powered, hard to work on. The 025 would be the best of those, way lighter than a MS290 and cuts almost as fast. Steve

Latest posts

Back