Best chainsaw stihl made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Never cap and ball. They make much better ammo now.
My hunting revolver is based on a 45-70 case yet newer.
What does that make it? New or old. It’s very effective.....
How about AMF Hogs?

A 9mm to a 45-70?? High speed .38 to 45 cal over 70 grains of blackpowder in a straight sided case?? Me thinks you are a fellow in contradiction. Folks here still use the 45-70 (smokeless) as a big game rifle but I don’t know of any revolver using the round. TC Contender or Encore might. Most rifle rounds do not transition well to handguns. What are you using?? And no, you do not want to go to Europe. It is a toilet. Cant help you on AMF. Not into motorcycles.

Sounds like you are not too far behind the curve or you live in an apartment. What “old tools” are you running??
Don't live in them but I own some Apartments. I use old tools to work on them, just finished rebuilding the front end on a ferd truck using old tools. My ball joint press is at least 15 years old. is that considered old? I use old stihl equipment to keep the yard up and cut wood with, why sometimes I even use old poulans to cut firewood. I dunno but new wrenches look like my old ones. but maybe I am missing something. I own my own house and another, but they were built and are maintained by old tools. guess I need to break out the credit card and just buy everything new since you say they are no good and only old fools own them.

A 9mm to a 45-70?? High speed .38 to 45 cal over 70 grains of blackpowder in a straight sided case?? Me thinks you are a fellow in contradiction. Folks here still use the 45-70 (smokeless) as a big game rifle but I don’t know of any revolver using the round. TC Contender or Encore might. Most rifle rounds do not transition well to handguns. What are you using?? And no, you do not want to go to Europe. It is a toilet. Cant help you on AMF. Not into motorcycles.
Well there have been 45-70 revolvers for years. Like 40 still are.
A guy I know had a 500 Alaskan revolver and could apply it.
But it is just based on the 45-70.
475 Linebaugh .....carries and shoots like any Ruger BlackHawk.
But the action is so much better.
I love Europe. Spent 3 years there.
And weren’t you the one that said AMF made the real Hogs.

Don't live in them but I own some Apartments. I use old tools to work on them, just finished rebuilding the front end on a ferd truck using old tools. My ball joint press is at least 15 years old. is that considered old? I use old stihl equipment to keep the yard up and cut wood with, why sometimes I even use old poulans to cut firewood. I dunno but new wrenches look like my old ones. but maybe I am missing something. I own my own house and another, but they were built and are maintained by old tools. guess I need to break out the credit card and just buy everything new since you say they are no good and only old fools own them.

Homeowner verses contractor. Time is money and not much of it. We cant afford to run the old stuff or purchase stuff from a company that sells overpriced, marginal tools and insists that we purchase every stinkin part from one of their brick and mortar stores at their convenience and price.

Sorry, in my world old tools are junk as they cost us time. A tire iron and torque wrench will rotate a set of tires. A battery impact and a torque stick cuts your time by at least half. Am I getting rid of the tire iron?? Nope. Have I been eyeballing a more powerful battery impact gun? Yes, I have. A wrench is a wrench, crowbar a crowbar. Don’t really matter when it was produced. Framers use to argue over weather is was better to have a hammer with bent claw or straight. Does that really matter today??

You got lucky. You weren’t in Paris. In a past lifetime, I use to be in Europe 1 week out of a month for work and I loved every minute of it. Now, dread going back. If you can make it work over there, all the power to you.

Well there have been 45-70 revolvers for years. Like 40 still are.
A guy I know had a 500 Alaskan revolver and could apply it.
But it is just based on the 45-70.
475 Linebaugh .....carries and shoots like any Ruger BlackHawk.
But the action is so much better.
I love Europe. Spent 3 years there.
And weren’t you the one that said AMF made the real Hogs.

Without your help, I was able to locate a production 45-70 revolver from magnum research. This stupid thing looks about as practical as a stihl chainsaw. Overpriced, heavy, piece of junk.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=45-70+revolver#id=2&vid=033bac2e665e747853fb38526ba3ac80&action=click

You got lucky. You weren’t in Paris. In a past lifetime, I use to be in Europe 1 week out of a month for work and I loved every minute of it. Now, dread going back. If you can make it work over there, all the power to you.

There are some amazing things to see in other countries. France as a country is beautiful. Actually, I was in Paris. There were some very cool things to see there. Admittedly it was my least favorite place we visited. I talked my wife into the "tour de sewer", I don't think she liked it ...
20160426_142456.jpg

YOU brought up a 45-70 revolver.
My 475 is built on a standard Ruger BlackHawk.
Nothing else needed.

Well now we are finally getting somewhere. What is your impression of the .475 linebaugh? Never fired one myself or even heard of the round. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to handguns and cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a 357 mag. That beast looks to be way more that I could handle.

http://www.gunblast.com/Freedom_83-475.htm

ok i am banning myself again

Back