Best chineese chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masacre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello

My neighbour has been looking at buying a chineese chainsaw, he wants one no matter what i advice him too, and he wants me to order one for him.

However i have no clue about those saws, he really wants a husqvarna 372xp "clone" which looks ok enough i guess. However i see there are what i assume to be stihl "clones" that looks like a better deal.

Anyone have any experience and recommendations on whats the "best" of theese saws? preferably 60-75ccm range.

Thanks in advance

Hello

My neighbour has been looking at buying a chineese chainsaw, he wants one no matter what i advice him too, and he wants me to order one for him.

However i have no clue about those saws, he really wants a husqvarna 372xp "clone" which looks ok enough i guess. However i see there are what i assume to be stihl "clones" that looks like a better deal.

Anyone have any experience and recommendations on whats the "best" of theese saws? preferably 60-75ccm range.

Thanks in advance

Put a carb kit in an old (proper) saw 10 times the saw half the money lol. Lots of guys get the China saws to run well buts a hobby it's enjoyment of tinkering and fixing something. I had a 52cc China saw and yeah was a good little saw never let me down but I think it was luck more than anything

Hello

Thanks in advance
If you search it on YouTube, there are videos of them by afleetcommand and others. I have no experience with the compete saws but I built the 372 kit saw with the bigbore cylinder. It runs very well. I also built the 660 kit, had a lot of minor problems with it. It's still a little hard to start sometimes but when you get it running, it's an absolute beast.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have built about 40 of those 372s and have great experience with them. In the same class of saw, the "Stihl" 440 is Garbage, trust me I have made over 100 of these kits, the ms380 is decent. In order of preference, both by experience and from feedback by customers and of the saws that have had trouble, the 372 clone is by far my favorite saw... To build and to run. I highly recommend the 372, 2nd choice is the 380, then I highly recommend you stay away from the 440 kit... Better to buy the 660 at that point.

Hello

Thanks in advance
tell him to order his own damn saw. lol

I'll order it, build it and send it to him

Ummmm... I take that back, I just realized you are in Europe... The shipping you would have to pay would make the cost not worth it, sorry for the false offer with a hasty uneducated response... However, if you decide to order one I would be happy to help. I have several pictures for reference if you need them.

A good friend gave me a Holzforma G372XP and while I have not run it extensively, it is impressive out of the box. I ran it side by side with my Dolmar 7900 and while the 7900 had the edge, the 372 was not too far behind.

I don't know how long it will last, but I must say my initial impressions are quite favorable.

Mark

I have several Chinese clones now and love them. The newer Stihl or Husqvarna can not touch the kit saws or the clones period. If the price was exactly the same the Chinese are better. The quality I am sure is likely less but they can be worked on. The electronic tuning is complete garbage and the EPA requirements is also garbage. So the only thing left are the clones. Thanks

Thanks for all your answers and information.
He, and i was looking at "ready" made saws, but kits is interesting.

Kits, Do you buy a complete kit, or just parts to make a kit yourself? if theres a complete kit, do you have any links for it? or names for the kit, since im in europe i most likely have to buy from ebay, unless theres a trusty store in china?
I guess he will get his wish with a 372xp then, unless the Ms380 is a whole lot cheaper, do you guys know any of the names these saws go by from china?

Thanks again

From what I’ve seen the hutzl kits are the best. They seem to be selling complete saws now for cheap, sometimes free shipping. I would start there and avoid the amazon ones, I bought one and posted about it in the other thread. Jethro said it best, those ones are more for the hobbyist

Thanks for all your answers and information.
He, and i was looking at "ready" made saws, but kits is interesting.

Kits, Do you buy a complete kit, or just parts to make a kit yourself? if theres a complete kit, do you have any links for it? or names for the kit, since im in europe i most likely have to buy from ebay, unless theres a trusty store in china?
I guess he will get his wish with a 372xp then, unless the Ms380 is a whole lot cheaper, do you guys know any of the names these saws go by from china?

Thanks again
www.huztl.net has everything you need.

In order my my preference based on capability out of the box be it kit or complete saw:
"Blue" g660. far and away the best bang per buck and they have and will continue to improve them. Guess in a few months improved cranks and oil pumps are in their future but they work pretty well right now. For most a way better deal than buying a built kit or even building a kit. Time is money, and you are either spending it or paying someone else to assemble these...can't beat the "blue" options....period.

TENTATIVE number 2, a g5800. While NOT a power house, it runs and operates pretty well. A 60cc saw that runs like a clean 50....but has potential and is only $110 bucks delivered

three: g372 over the other two offerings ( xt & xp) if its being used as delivered, conversely if you plan to build and or modify a g372xt variant....a video in process to explain.

For 75 percent of folks interested in this stuff, I would start with any of the above before buying a kit, and modify from there by adding better top end and carb option, or even if you want to port one of these..

After that I guess the three kits that have worked out well in order of preference to me:

1) 660
2) 365/372
3) 038

Everything else was workable but the "pita" factor was more than was worth my time. Mainly because the standard set by first two, 660 & 372 can be built into anything you want.

Hello

Thanks in advance
I've been running these for a couple year's now
I have 4 of the already built 365s and 2 of the 372 hi tops
And i built one huztl big bore.
Still doing great i swapoed the 365 for 372 huztl and hyway cylinders.
I don't like the fuel and pulse line's they failed on some of mine.
So i swapped them for quality line's
They've paid for themselves with all the work i did with them.
Only issue's were too weak of springs in the clutch covers on a couple they would trip at idle.
The newest one's i bought
No issue.
Bought mine from aliexpress they were 210-215 shipped.
But huztl has them for 250 or so shipped
https://m.huztl.net/71cc-Holzfforma...le-With-Husqvarna-372XP-Chainsaw-p714773.html.20190805_192421.jpgmine have a funny jumble of husqvarna on them.
Different parts than huztl.

Thanks again for all your information

Hmm, not sure if we should get a kit, or a running saw.

I see the kits seems to come in 10 pieces, however i dont see any pictures of what the pieces are, i assume you have to put the cylinder on, flywheel, coil, carb and so on?

The g660 seems like a interesting saw, however its a bit expensive, so that would def have to be a kit.

What is the diffrence between 372xp and xt? is the xt worth the extra money?

How about the cheap/smaller saws for below 100 bucks? any of them worth grabbing? wondering about ordering one of those for myself just for fun when im gonna order from there anyway.

Thanks again for all your information

Hmm, not sure if we should get a kit, or a running saw.

I see the kits seems to come in 10 pieces, however i dont see any pictures of what the pieces are, i assume you have to put the cylinder on, flywheel, coil, carb and so on?

The g660 seems like a interesting saw, however its a bit expensive, so that would def have to be a kit.

What is the diffrence between 372xp and xt? is the xt worth the extra money?

How about the cheap/smaller saws for below 100 bucks? any of them worth grabbing? wondering about ordering one of those for myself just for fun when im gonna order from there anyway.
Its way more than 10 parts. It's nothing but parts. You have to put the crankshaft in and the case halves together. You have to install every screw, every spring. It's not hard after you figure out where everything goes, plus it fun.

Latest posts

Back