Best chineese chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've put together 3 of the Hutzl 372 kits and they ran pretty good. The only problem I had was with the carbs, two of them where very hard to tune the low side. I also got a clone 365 off Aliexpress and replaced the open port cylinder with an oem one. The plastics on the one from Aliexpress was a better color match to Husqvarna orange, the Hutzl kits were more of a light orange.

In order my my preference based on capability out of the box be it kit or complete saw:
"Blue" g660. far and away the best bang per buck and they have and will continue to improve them. Guess in a few months improved cranks and oil pumps are in their future but they work pretty well right now. For most a way better deal than buying a built kit or even building a kit. Time is money, and you are either spending it or paying someone else to assemble these...can't beat the "blue" options....period.

TENTATIVE number 2, a g5800. While NOT a power house, it runs and operates pretty well. A 60cc saw that runs like a clean 50....but has potential and is only $110 bucks delivered

three: g372 over the other two offerings ( xt & xp) if its being used as delivered, conversely if you plan to build and or modify a g372xt variant....a video in process to explain.

For 75 percent of folks interested in this stuff, I would start with any of the above before buying a kit, and modify from there by adding better top end and carb option, or even if you want to port one of these..

After that I guess the three kits that have worked out well in order of preference to me:

1) 660
2) 365/372
3) 038

Everything else was workable but the "pita" factor was more than was worth my time. Mainly because the standard set by first two, 660 & 372 can be built into anything you want.

Absolutely solid advice

I've put together 3 of the Hutzl 372 kits and they ran pretty good. The only problem I had was with the carbs, two of them where very hard to tune the low side. I also got a clone 365 off Aliexpress and replaced the open port cylinder with an oem one. The plastics on the one from Aliexpress was a better color match to Husqvarna orange, the Hutzl kits were more of a light orange.
Good to know. I was disappointed in the huztl colors. The starter cover is a very different color from the rest of the plastics. It's actually closer, but the rest is way off color.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I see now, i thought where it says 10 pieces was a kit, but apparently thats wholesale with minimum 10 saws, lol.
I dont see where the kits are then? is it the chainsaw repair kit?

Hmm, not sure if we should get a kit, or a running saw.

You should definitely get a pre-assembled running saw before you buy a kit, otherwise you will have no idea of those little parts that are missing - and where to put the extra stuff they had in the box by mistake.

Mine was a yd52 lol was actually a good little saw I had no idea at the time but never tuned it never even had the plug out it was very reliable for 5 or 6 years and cut enough wood for each winter.

It had an easy start spring and was nice in a tree or something a very gentle pull and it would go. The air cleaner was not sealed very well and I fiddled with that most of it's life. 2 bars were wore out on it and I sold it for 80nz still going strong still never tuned still never had the plug out.

At the local box store was a branded version looked identical twice the price different colour my mate bought 1 and what a dog barely lasted a day of cutting just fell to bits in everyway you could imagin.

It's very much lucky dip with these things

Edit. Mine pulled a 20inch it's whole life 325. Now with a 16 it would probably out cut my mates 029 id say with a better wider power too. It liked to lug down low and in dodgy cutting situations that was nice

Instead of a china saw, if money savings is the thing. Go online and look up dolmars. There are still some out there at great prices for a great saw.
There are many Makita service centers. check if there is one near you, if so call and talk to them, the parts are supported, and the saws have a 2 year warranty. I bought 3 5105 pro with heat, at about 1/3 the price of pro husky or stihl.

I have built 3 kits in the last couple years.... A 372, one 660, and one 440 clone.
All where decent runners, and the 372 still runs ok. New, they keep up with the real deal as far as speed of cutting is concerned, but sacrifice the reliability or the original.
These are not as high quality parts as a new stihl or husqvarna saw, and require a decent amount of time and effort to keep running.
I have since bought a new 661, and a couple original 372's which are stellar saws and run very well with far less headache.
I picked up 2 well used, but functional and so far reliable 372's for the cost of one pre-built kit saw. Worth a look into that option IMO. The kits are reasonably easy to build, and I find it fun.
I had a 9 year old helping me with mine and we had a blast. We both learned a lot, which was completely worth it. (I do jokingly blame her for the reliability concerns sometimes... lol)
I don't have any experience with pre-built saws.

Holzforma states "wholesale" but I suspect if one were to resell here in any quantity they would get a knock on the door from either Husqvarna/Stihl attorneys or epa - how do they get around selling directly I wonder?
Seems like anyone selling these to the public would be taking the entire liability onto themselves.

Hello

My neighbour has been looking at buying a chineese chainsaw, he wants one no matter what i advice him too, and he wants me to order one for him.

However i have no clue about those saws, he really wants a husqvarna 372xp "clone" which looks ok enough i guess. However i see there are what i assume to be stihl "clones" that looks like a better deal.

Anyone have any experience and recommendations on whats the "best" of theese saws? preferably 60-75ccm range.

Thanks in advance

None of them

Sorry to bump an old post, but here are my thoughts - buy a completed saw. I purchased a 660 kit and assembled it. I had bad parts right out of the bags. The flywheel was drilled off center, my piston circlips were bent, etc... Even though the seller reimbursed me for these parts, there were other expenditures. I bought Matt Olson's puller tool for $60. It would have been CHEAPER to purchase one assembled and I would have saved a couple of weeks time. With all of that being said, I'm super excited that I can now tear that saw down and do pretty much any repair. It's also rewarding to show others what you have built.

As advised here something tells me not to go with a Chinese saw. I know with my bad luck the minute I need it, it’s going to fail. I need a beater saw for cutting pallets, crates and skids into starter firewood. I have a few older American saws.

Sorry to bump an old post, but here are my thoughts - buy a completed saw. I purchased a 660 kit and assembled it. I had bad parts right out of the bags. The flywheel was drilled off center, my piston circlips were bent, etc... Even though the seller reimbursed me for these parts, there were other expenditures. I bought Matt Olson's puller tool for $60. It would have been CHEAPER to purchase one assembled and I would have saved a couple of weeks time. With all of that being said, I'm super excited that I can now tear that saw down and do pretty much any repair. It's also rewarding to show others what you have built.
I have bought several saws from Huztl and have been pleased with them all. I do not know if there is any quality difference or not as U have had trouble with OEM too. One thing I have noticed on assembled saws there are many more problems with things like bolts not torqued and less than perfect assembly. After assembling the 372 XP a couple of times the process can be done in close to two hours as compared to almost a day when I put the first one together. I am thinking about a ten pack and a four pack so as not to worry about saw power again as I should have one ready at all times. Thanks

“My neighbour wants” yeahhhh right :drinkingcoffee:

Started off with “he wants and I advised against it” to now, “not sure if we should get a kit or a running saw”

Next it will be “my saw has problems”

:p

Just pulling your leg mate, best advice is to keep hold of your $ - Chinese clones are a waste of money

I don't care what anyone buys
But having personally run and cut a lot of tree's
my clone saws are still doing fine.
Myself and friends and family have over 4 year's running 6 of the 365/372s
prebuilt not huztl/farmertec
They are built by another manufacturer.
And one of the huztl/farmertec clones I built.
Weak points fuel/pulse line's and a couple of the chainbrake
We're spring too light and would trip to easily
Simple fix.
Of the china stuff which the newest craftsman line I looked at appears to be the same chassis as the 52cc 58cc 62cc zenoah clones
Just at triple the price.
My neighbors are running those
No issue's they really like them.
And I still get a lot of those earthquake saws in
For fuel lines or carb kits
They've been around at least 12 years.
They've been fun saws to run
But of course there's no resale in china saws
I bought them to run them.

Hello

My neighbour has been looking at buying a chineese chainsaw, he wants one no matter what i advice him too, and he wants me to order one for him.

However i have no clue about those saws, he really wants a husqvarna 372xp "clone" which looks ok enough i guess. However i see there are what i assume to be stihl "clones" that looks like a better deal.

Anyone have any experience and recommendations on whats the "best" of theese saws? preferably 60-75ccm range.

Thanks in advance
You should tell your friend there is only so much glitter you can stick to a turd.
as was said earlier put a carb kit in an older saw and don't look back

Back