Best double end bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobbs

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Don't want to make this a Ford/ Chevy type question.
But here we go who makes the best double end bar?
I have been looking at the GB 50" & the Cannon 50". Anyone used either of these bars? Or is there other options in a double end 50" bar.
I mill now with a 36" Stihl bar.
I just need more width from time to time.
Thanks
Dave

I use a Cannon 84" that I modded to a double end .. Very stout bar , minimal wear in the guides.... I would stick with it if purchasing another...They also have real people on the other end of the telephone that actually pick the damn thing up and can answer questions....

I Don't want to make this a Ford/ Chevy type question.
But here we go who makes the best double end bar?
I have been looking at the GB 50" & the Cannon 50". Anyone used either of these bars? Or is there other options in a double end 50" bar.
I mill now with a 36" Stihl bar.
I just need more width from time to time.
Thanks
Dave
I've used a cannon 50" bar and liked it so much for milling I ordered a 60" bar not knowing I'd need it. Not long after it came ups I used it to cut a piece that will cover the cost of both bars if I can keep it from slitting . See avatar. Under that slice of stump was a much larger slice;I've ordered a 72" dual PH bar from cannon since what I have from them has been stiff enough to cut in one plane 37" x 99" in ash (-; your mileage may vary

Thanks for the replies.
I got my 50" Cannon double end bar yesterday. Wow what a nice piece it is.
Now I have to get busy building another mill. Will try to get a good deal of pictures as I build this one.
Dave

Have no idea if they are available in the US but the guy that comes to our yard to mill his saw is fitted with an Iggesund Bar which he says is the best he's used in his 20 years of milling boards I don't know what other brands he's used

Just had to put it together.....lol

View attachment 537621
So that's what mine'l look like only longer on one end with power head each end since my arms don't spred far enough to hold both ends I guess i'll just power both ends to balance my rig better. Nice lookin set up, mill safe rather than hurried.

It can cause bowel perforation. All in all, it's just not a good thing to feed. Lots of better treats and food for dogs!

I do have a double end bar, about 42" for sale. No brand name, 3/8 pitch. I'll check on the gauge and mount if any interest. It's brand bew.

I do have a double end bar, about 42" for sale. No brand name, 3/8 pitch. I'll check on the gauge and mount if any interest. It's brand bew.
Word I got today Cannon factory moving ...now...my 6 footer will ship in January.A well sposed to speed up making of bars after the move set up etc. So if ?i get inclined to go bigger than 72" (213 dl) it will come to me sooner after order than the one on order now.Griping will trouble me more than .....

Latest posts

Back