• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Best Husqvarna 555 price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldman47

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have been researching chain saws and am almost convinced to go with a Husky 555. For a while I was concentrating on the Husky 460 but have been advised to go with the 555 instead. Can anyone suggest the best place for me to look for that model 555?
Second question. Around here Lowes is the only store to carry the Husky line but I don't think they have a service department so where would I go if I had any warranty claims?

The dealers don't drop their prices much

If I were you I would purchase from a dealer(even if it is a drive for you) When you need service they will appreciate the fact you bought from them instead of a box store. Check Spike or T Landrum.

My local dealer is a hour away. Good dealer, but never needed any warranty work though. I ordered my last new saw (562xp) from spike60 3 years ago, he was $150 less than the local guy.

Local shop Here:

$639.95 w/ 20" B&C
$619.95 w/o B&C- "why's he want it without a bar?" Was the background noise.

They also asked what a "Triple Nickel" was.

Lowes and box stores don't generally carry the pro saws . They carry husky AB
Saws Which basically is huskys low budget Asian saws used. Occasionally by homeowners

Humm now. A 555 for $529 and I was priced a 562XP for $695. That's a good price difference. Is there that much difference in the two saws?

Humm now. A 555 for $529 and I was priced a 562XP for $695. That's a good price difference. Is there that much difference in the two saws?
Same basic saw, but the 562 has more power, larger air filter, large mount bar & rev-boost. The $529 for the 555 is an exceptional price & the $695 for the 562 is an OK price. Should be about $100 difference between the two.

Back