Best Log Splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out shopping today for a splitter.
I saw one of my buddies told him what I was looking for. He has a buddy that has a shop. He was talking about the 28 ton Oregon splitter. Anyone worked one?
The price is really right for new. Reading on them they don't sound to bad on paper.....lol
Thanks
Dave

Dave I know you are considering something in the $2500 range but I see you are in IL and thought you should know you can pick up the DHT 27 ton on sale for $899 at Menards this weekend only. You will most likely never see the price that low ever again.

Dave I know you are considering something in the $2500 range but I see you are in IL and thought you should know you can pick up the DHT 27 ton on sale for $899 at Menards this weekend only. You will most likely never see the price that low ever again.

Anywhere in the Houston area I can get one of these units?

The TSC stores in TX that last had them were in Livingston, Brownwood and Tomball. Not sure if they still have inventory. Otherwise the best bet is to order from an online retailer and get it shipped directly to you.

The TSC stores in TX that last had them were in Livingston, Brownwood and Tomball. Not sure if they still have inventory. Otherwise the best bet is to order from an online retailer and get it shipped directly to you.[/quote
Is TSC still a retailer for DHT? i have never seen them at any local stores.(central pa)

I've had a timberwolf TW-6 for 5 years I love. I left it for my dad to use when I moved. May get another. Looking at the faver splitters too but don't know anyone that's used one.

By the way anyone know what happened to split right log splitters? They had a nice looking machine but the link I had doesn't work anymore and can't find them on google.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A free one given to you with a new cylinder. My brother repowered. I installed the new cylinder,added new pump , valve and tank. Total invested by me less than $300. Add converting to propane another $125

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just rebuild what you have, unless you just have extra money you must spend. I have a 15 ton brave, its a 1990 model I sale firewood as a side job. I put 16,20 inch wood on it all the time. it's powered with a 5hp briggs, you cant run a full gallon in a day. Oh that one in 5000 piece of wood it don't split down the middle. I just start on the sides. ;)

just give a guess I would like americsnn your first question,it comes in on a boat and many many "things" are made there theses days....bet you guess right your first try:clap:
wont post much more than that as ill probably get in trouble for just this
That was my guess......lol
I should have put it at the 1st that I was only looking for american made

Yeah the manager at the TSC in Tomball TX had never even heard of DHT splitters when I called them.
I have that same problem here in Massachusettes. There is no Maynards in the area. Only place you can get these splitters is online. They look pretty descent for the money, and I like the Kohler engine but I refuse to buy something like this online without physically touching one. I will be splitting another 7 cord of wood this spring so If I cant find a good inexpensive splitter by then, it looks like I will be renting again. I have a OWB so I am just splitting 24 rounds in half to make more manageable. I don't need a four way wedge or any of that crap...Just a verticle splitter..
I have looked at the huskee a TSC but I just don't know. Not a big fan of the Briggs in cold weather

Hey DHT,
If you can get me one of those 27 ton Splitters with the Kohler engine for $899 without having to go online, I will definitely buy it. I know a bunch of people right here in Massachusettes that would seriously consider buying your splitters if they were able to be bought at a store. Everything looks good, well built , but we need to look and feel one of these things. There are a few good reviews on these splitters but again I just don't feel comfortable buying online. Any more news on getting these things sold in the New England Area?

Back