best mail-in chain sharpening service??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyrock70

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I see a few places online...lots of different prices. Who does the best job for the price? Any recommendations are appreciated.

I used a local guy who would grind a loop including rakers for $5. Then I purchased a Stihl USG and did sharpening myself.
I would be surprised if he wouldn't grind chains mailed to him, if you covered return postage.

Seems like a spendy way to go about it. I bought a Tecomec clone on ebay new for 72 bucks a couple years ago and ive sharpened hundreds and hundreds of chains...took a few minutes to set up

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Member hog head Jeremy and Razzor sharp have been discussed on here. What are the others you found? Actually seems those asking do not report back.

I have no idea who is best but Jeremy did not excessively shorten the cutters, took down depth gauges and safety features where they existed. Clean as new if I recall correctly. 17/18 as fast as new for my little test. New=17 seconds sharpened 18

Man on eBay from Tennessee will charge me $5.32 per chain for sharpening 6 of my Stihl chains and mail them back to me. $5.32 per chain includes shipping back to me. He has a good eBay reputation. I may go with him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not after January.
Might be the first change we see after January, but it won't be the last. I used to work with an old marine whose parting words at the end of a conversation were always "Stay in your foxhole". Pretty much sums up my intentions for the next few years.

Latest posts

Back