Best mid sized stihl saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I currently am in the market for an “in between saw” I have a 181c 16” mini and a 462c with a 28” bar on it. Would like opinions on a good happy medium. Price isn’t a factor. Thanks
You already have it in the 462. having used a 462 I do not see any sense in owning a 261 anymore

Try a lightweight 20" on the 462 before buying a smaller saw. I put one on my 462 and I don't think I will use my 50cc saws much
For some reason the 241c feels like its about half as big as a 261c Just like a little toy that puts a big smile on your face. Finding a NOS or minty one might be a bit more challenging though. I really want to try out the new 462 so can't compare it to the 261 but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun with an 8 pin rim and 20" bar :)

I would put a 12” bar on the 180, 261 with 18” bar, then you have the 462 with the 28”
Here’s a pic of mine with a 12” bar and converted to .050 with stihl yellow chain. Absolutely love it

Attachments

• 0E69D28B-97A3-45B3-9F26-A2252AAC2681.jpeg
    0E69D28B-97A3-45B3-9F26-A2252AAC2681.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 47
Awww, it’s so cute [emoji3059] lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My kids agree. I love it. Absolutely perfect for busting up fallen limbs. I need to weight it with the lightweight bar

Toadman - Since you mentioned it here, what is "agressivly single"?
Please explain. That sounds like it might be a good idea.
Discussions of chainsaws and relationships in one place!
Thanks!

Haha!
Toadman - Since you mentioned it here, what is "agressivly single"?
Please explain. That sounds like it might be a good idea.
Discussions of chainsaws and relationships in one place!
Thanks!
Sooo, after a couple relationships that didn't go as planned, I pretty much decided I was not going to have anything to do with the dating scene.
Not as in avoiding women, I still spend most of my off work time around female friends, but in a non romantic/involving way.
basically, avoiding all romantic relationships and thus no being tied to any other person... more spending time doing the things I love, with whoever I can find to go along, or alone.
I have recently had some of the best months of my life this way, and met some amazing people.

Fortunately, neither of my poor relationships blew up on me, haha.
I am still really close friends with my Ex's, and we do a lot of stuff.
hiking, boating, travel.
Just not as a couple.

Toadman - thanks for the explanation. You speak as an experienced wise man. I am less experienced and less wise, currently at 33 years married.
Wife and I remain committed to preventing two unknown people a lifetime of misery.
Enjoy life!

This about the Stihl 880 is American sarcasm :)? Because I would like to see him pruning more than one tree, this saw. The best saw is the one most suitable for the task at hand, sometimes larger and sometimes smaller. Only one saw is often either too big and not handy, or too small for larger tasks. However, I realize that not everyone has 3 or more chainsaw

Latest posts

Back