Best mid sized stihl saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 661 for big stuff and I would use it for everything if I could, BUT, it is heavy and the power is not needed for small stuff. I have mid-range saws also. For what the original poster wanted, I think that the 261c is a great choice. That is a strong saw, for no bigger than it is and I think that with a mm, it would even be better. I ran mine enough the other day to break it in pretty well and I was impressed. I have other "mid-range" saws, but I think that a 261c with an 18-inch bar (mine has a 20) would be a super mid-range saw.

Hello all, I currently am in the market for an “in between saw” I have a 181c 16” mini and a 462c with a 28” bar on it. Would like opinions on a good happy medium. Price isn’t a factor. Thanks
ms 390

Here in the PNW, I'd say 50cc to 70cc is considered mid sized. For limbing, I prefer my 200t's. For general woodcutting, I prefer my ported 372's with 28" light bars that can run AND oil a 36" bar when needed. 50cc saws seem to hurt my back as I do more bending with the shorter 18" bar. Plus, even ported,, they are way slower than the 70cc saws.

Latest posts

Back