Best place to buy Echo 490?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Where is everyone finding the deals echo 490's? The only place selling them near me is HD. So with that in mind I would prefer to find a better deal online. Planning to remove carb limiters and do a MM so I'm not going to worry about the warranty. I've heard of people getting them for under $300, but I can't seem to find em that cheap.

Where is everyone finding the deals echo 490's? The only place selling them near me is HD. So with that in mind I would prefer to find a better deal online. Planning to remove carb limiters and do a MM so I'm not going to worry about the warranty. I've heard of people getting them for under $300, but I can't seem to find em that cheap.
eBay

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

eBay but you might have to take your time and wait. I just bought one NIB for $210 shipped on a buy it now. I probably looked for a month before that popped up.
Good to know. That’s the price I’ve heard them rumored to sell for. Thanks!

Picked up one on Ebay for $175. Removed limiters, opened up carb and replaced the 20" bar and chain with a 16". Much better suited for a 50cc saw. Runs great , just haven't had time to do a lot of cutting with it. I have a bunch of 50cc saws and am curious how it will compete.
If you really want to see it run convert it to 3/8 lp. I shortened the tail on a bar and now run the same 18” chain on the 490 and 400, helps simplify things. That 490 with muff mod, limiters removed and converted to 3/8 lp really screams in the cut.

Latest posts

Back