Best saw for $300-350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey rbtree,
I misspoke before, it's actually "narrow kerf". It's a .325 chain but designed to cut a narrower kerf, I guess the logic being less cutting equals more power. Oregon calls it 95VP. It's a full comp chain but I have only been running a 16" bar so far. They claim you have to use the special "micro-lite" bar. I haven't had my 346 long enough to play around with different chain or longer bars. Just using what came from the dealer.
I was going to try and stay 3/8 since that is what I run on my other Huskies but this new one was a replacement for a walmart special poulan 2900 that I melted.(bought it before I got really hooked) Had some $$ invested in some chain loops and some rip chain. Best buying decision I've made, going with htis saw, even if it means messing around with different sizes.

Later,
Newfie

Thanks, newfie. Beings as I feel the need for speed, I might get talked into chain like that. And I'm shopping for a 10 lb saw. I love my Madsenized 372 and 3120. The 335's have been a pain, but peppy (New Walkerized one is beaming at me from inside its box at the post office. can't wait for 8:30 am manana!!!) The 346 is a great saw, and gains a full 30% more pwr when Walkerized, but I'm trying to get a Solo 651 or 650, 10.8 lb and 9.9 lb, 4.0 and 3.3 hp each. As well the 10.1 lb, 3.5 hp shindaiwa 488 also specs out better than the 346. Whatever I get will go straight to Dennis to Greffardize!

Latest posts

Back