Best saw to buy for firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on buying a bigger saw in the future. I think I'll buy a Husqvarna for my Bigger than 70cc. saw. That new echo 2511T I think will be my new small saw for cutting limbs off it's so tiny weighs about 5lbs fully assembled and has crazy power for its size. Then I'll have every size saw I need to cut any job. I already have mid size pro saw. Big-Mid-Small and I'll own 1 of each big brands. Then go on to old antique saws just to hand for decoration in my new shed/ man cave workshop I want to build.

Husqvarna definitely seems to have better pricing and I'm sure make good stiff, too. If I were to buy a larger saw than my 261, I'd definitely give Husqvarna a look and probably others, too.

Normally Husky anti vibe is better which your hands will thank you after a day of falling my hands still shake but nothing like some of the older guys.

Here’s the best question what length of bar are you wanting to run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on buying a bigger saw in the future. I think I'll buy a Husqvarna for my Bigger than 70cc. saw. That new echo 2511T I think will be my new small saw for cutting limbs off it's so tiny weighs about 5lbs fully assembled and has crazy power for its size. Then I'll have every size saw I need to cut any job. I already have mid size pro saw. Big-Mid-Small and I'll own 1 of each big brands. Then go on to old antique saws just to hand for decoration in my new shed/ man cave workshop I want to build.

Chainsaws have a way of getting into your blood once you really appreciate using and repairing your own saws they just keep on popping out of the woodwork. You will never have every chainsaw you THINK really need. You will acquire more chainsaws than you really need if you enjoy the hobby.

Several of the old vintage chainsaws were built really good and just need little TLC.

The best saw to use for firewood is a sharp one, with the rakers filed down a little!

Yep, good and sharp rackers filed down and you will find you need to turn your face away, (You won't forget this one the next time you see a small whippy limb to trim) especially on a cold day to keep a small limber limber limb from whipping/whacking you across the face and lip when you touch the saw chain to it if you are not wearing your face shield. (this warning is not in the owners manual, it's acquired from experience)

It will feel like it's bleeding but it's usually just a very cold white whip mark.:surprised3:

Back