Best Static SRT Line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chapinkj

Reaction score
Hey All,

What's your favorite static line for SRT and why? I'm looking to buy my first set of gear (I trained using gear purchased by my old boss) and I'd like your advice. I'm interested in the biggest bang for the buck.

What do you think?

Best,
Kenny

Hey All,

What's your favorite static line for SRT and why? I'm looking to buy my first set of gear (I trained using gear purchased by my old boss) and I'd like your advice. I'm interested in the biggest bang for the buck.

What do you think?

Best,
Kenny

I use blaze and the fly, both are excellent ropes! I use the RAD system and the ropes haven't milked or show much sign of wear to them at all. I also only climb when its above 15 degrees and sunny! (kidding of course)

Last edited:
I use blaze for srt as well, I don't think blaze is a static line though. It performs well for me but it's the only rope I've ever used for srt.

One thing that's nice about a blaze, bluemoon, poison ivy, tachyon, lava etc. is when you get to your tie in point or are ready to limb walk or such is you can have someone on the ground untie your other end, or untie your running bowline at your TIP and start climbing with out hauling another rope with you.

I've had good luck with NeoPro by AllGear. It milks for the first few climbs, but after the sheath settles, it's a good rope. It's one of the only 16-strand 11mm ropes I know of. That's a pretty interesting size and strand count combo making it a very versatile size with a good texture and feel in the hand. It's a tough rope that handles mechanical gear flawlessly and descends on like butter.

Josh Frazier USMC

I don't climb SRT but I thought the favorites at the moment were Poison ivy or Tachyon or one of the static kernmantles like Sterling HTP.

Latest posts

Back