best tach

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i work on a lot of engines as a hobby, and I have about 11 car tachs and 2 2stroke tachs with pickup wires. one is fiddly to not lose the wire, the other has areal slow refresh rate that makes it annoyig to use. Who makes a good tach, say ~50$, and who makes the BEST tach for chainsaws? money no object/prograde etc. I think I'm gonna buy myself a present.

i work on a lot of engines as a hobby, and I have about 11 car tachs and 2 2stroke tachs with pickup wires. one is fiddly to not lose the wire, the other has areal slow refresh rate that makes it annoyig to use. Who makes a good tach, say ~50$, and who makes the BEST tach for chainsaws? money no object/prograde etc. I think I'm gonna buy myself a present.
Hi I use a DTI TECH-TACH TT20K it is fast and accurate and picks up well without useing the wires (it comes with wires if you need them).The only down side is it is a little bigger than most of them.

I have a Fast Tach that I have used for years (just replaced the battery). I bought a Hardline Products Tach off Amazon for $28 that worked just as good as my $80 Fast Tach. It had the wire with it, but worked just as well without attaching the wire to the plug. You do not need an expensive one. I have read reports that even the really cheap ones off Ebay work well.

I too just bought a DTI TT20K, really impressed by it, all the positive reviews are accurate and reflective of its capability. One reason I bought it because it will reliably get to 20,000rpm...I have a 242xpg and need to get readings at its 15,500 redline. Additionally I like it too because you can change the battery (9v). Yeah it's definitely pricey....but most quality things are.

I have the DTI TECH-TACH TT20K as well and will say the same as all the other reviews on it, that it is great however normally pricey. I got lucky and found one in like new condition off flea-bay for about $50.

Mine work fine most of the time, but I don't like having to take the cover off to wrap the wire when I went to double check the speed in the cut. I don't want to melt my wire while playing around. For tuning on the ground any teach seems to work, but I'll look at those wireless ones. I think that's what I want

Oppama pet 2100 made in Japan.

.5 second refresh rate and is accurate to within +/- 10rpm. It reads rpm on wasted spark engines, 2-stroke 1 to 4 cylinders, 4-stroke 1 to 6 and 8 cylinders.
It’s Water-resistant, reads 100-30,000rpm

it‘s not cheap though at somewhere around 300 Australian dollars, but it will outlast me.

AEEC8C4F-023B-4D54-9308-4A7EB0A09C06.jpeg

Proline solo tach

• Tachometer
  • Wire
  • Mounting tape 3M (2)
  • Screw (2)
  • Tie straps (2)
  • Instructions
  • Micro clip with wire
Features:

• Tachometer ONLY
  • Water proof rate: IP68
  • Epoxy encapsulated casing
  • Refresh rate 0.25 sec. 2X faster than our 3 in 1 model
  • Auto shut-off (after 30 mins)
  • No power required- Includes 7 year battery sealed inside (not replaceable).
  • Maximum RPM 20,000
Specs:

• Size: 2 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 1/2
  • LCD screen size 1" x 1/2
  • Refresh rate 0.25 sec

Proline solo tach

• Tachometer
  • Wire
  • Mounting tape 3M (2)
  • Screw (2)
  • Tie straps (2)
  • Instructions
  • Micro clip with wire
Features:

• Tachometer ONLY
  • Epoxy encapsulated casing
  • Refresh rate 0.25 sec. 2X faster than our 3 in 1 model
  • Auto shut-off (after 30 mins)
  • No power required- Includes 7 year battery sealed inside (not replaceable).
  • Maximum RPM 20,000
Specs:

• Size: 2 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 1/2
  • LCD screen size 1" x 1/2
  • Refresh rate 0.25 sec
I couldn't find it. Have a link?

funny, my next rebuild will probably be a 041 farmboss cookies, so thats appropriate. now for that saw a pickup wire is nbd, but I'm still gonna go for one of the 'wireless' ones to fit my husqvarnas eaisier.

Looking to buy an accurate but reasonable tach as my hearing is no longer dependable for tuning.
Does anyone have experience with the Archer A523051?
Would appreciate any & all input.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 31QLyENd1VL._AC_SY780_.jpg
    31QLyENd1VL._AC_SY780_.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 3

Proline® Solo Chainsaw Tachometer For Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Wireless Fastest Rate .25 sec​

This is the one you want, it reads instantly and accurately. I have used it over a year after buying and returning about 6 other brands. It was about 60 bucks last time I looked. I'll put the link to it down below, links have been hit or miss on here lately but a google search will get you where you need to go quickly if it does not load.
https://sawzillaparts.com/proline-s...-husqvarna-echo-wireless-fastest-rate-25-sec/

Proline® Solo Chainsaw Tachometer For Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Wireless Fastest Rate .25 sec​

This is the one you want, it reads instantly and accurately. I have used it over a year after buying and returning about 6 other brands. It was about 60 bucks last time I looked. I'll put the link to it down below, links have been hit or miss on here lately but a google search will get you where you need to go quickly if it does not load.
https://sawzillaparts.com/proline-s...-husqvarna-echo-wireless-fastest-rate-25-sec/
Thank you

Back