Best two saws ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have caught the bug and have dove deep into a chainsaw interest. They are such a cool tool, come in all different flavors and sizes and can be setup so many different ways, plus the modability/power tweaking is endless. I’ve got some good ideas on which ones are good saws and which ones are legendary but I’m sure there are many others that aren’t talked about much. I didn’t even know how well the 372 was favored until I bought the 365 and started researching it. That’s why I’m starting this thread is to learn more.

how about everyone listing your favorite saws. Like your favorite limbing saw, favorite midsize 50/60, and your favorite larger saw anything 70cc saw and above. And if it’s not too much to ask, maybe a brief description on what you enjoy about those particular saws.

If ya want, how about saying the saw that you would like to own or plan to buy next.

I’ve only owned a handful of saws in my life. Mostly cheap poulans and one new Husky 359, until I picked up the 261 and 365 recently.

the 261cm is my favorite I’ve ever owned because it starts so easy and runs so smooth, it is light and just cuts so dang well.

Yeah I’m sure I will and that’s ok. Hopefully, I’ll get enough repeatable answers that I can narrow down a select few to start keeping my eyes out for.

Yeah I’ve made that search before but it’s kinda difficult to jump in old threads that you weren’t apart of and strike up new conversations. We could probably shut this forum down to new threads and just use the search function with all the information that is already here. but thank you for taking the time to link those threads.

Duce, you should throw a stihl in there somewhere just for diversity. I’m a bit surprised not to see a 346 in your lineup! I thought that was the holy grail for the Husky guys.
Have owned several 346's before and not really impressed. That's just my opinion and will draw a lot or heat. Oh, well. Brother owns Stihl's and I have never (repaired several) and probably never will. Stihl support in this area is bad, Husqvarna support is outstanding.

Just a home gamer here, not even a firewood hack.

My most used saw is a Stihl 026 or 024S. If bigger is needed the 044 comes out, smaller the 192t handles it. Way up in a tree, the Ht101 gets it. My most hated saw is that pole saw. 10mins of cutting gives you 45mins of clean up!

Latest posts

Back