Best way to get rid of these trees parking lot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JungleFM

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on permanently removing these weed-like trees that have sprung up in my parking lot at work. They are growing between the curb and the building. I could just cut them down but I know that won't permanently solve the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tree Pic 1.jpg Tree Pic 2.jpg

I would cut them as low as possible then hit the whole crack with a herbicide that will work at the roots rather than the leaves. If they re-sprout, hit them with said herbicide again and possibly add some Round-Up to the cocktail to get it from both sides - leaves and roots.

That would work to solve the immediate problem of the existing "trees". A permanent fix would involve sealing the crack entirely so that no seeds get into it in the future. Realistically, the best "permanent" solution would be to hit the crack with some Round-Up a few times per growing season. This should kill anything that has managed to sprout before it gets unsightly.

If that doesn't work.....
There is no problem that can not be solved by the liberal application of high explosives. :laughing: <--- that's a joke by the way

Latest posts

Back