Best way to kill a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had good results killin off Ailanthus by girdling them, wrapping the wound with Roundup poison ivy plus drenched cotton balls.

The hardest to kill's poplars, hands down, even Garlon drenched cotton balls just chased them around the complex for five fuggin years! Sprouts comin up in the middle of ponds!

Jomoco
Haven't heard of that...good idea to keep the herbicide in there. What are you wrapping it with? If you are successful killing Ailanthus, you are doing something right!

Any kinda burlap, torn sheet strips, any fabric that'll keep the cotton balls in the trench.

I'm about to murderlize some of the highly feared Schinus terebenthifolia using the same method and poison ivy plus.

Jomoco

I have a volunteer elm that came up about 3 years ago, I wasn't sure I wanted it or not but let it grow.
Last year to test the copper nail theory I drove a copper penny in about about 4'' off the ground, that fall the tree was still healthy and larger so I drove in a 2 1/2'' piece of 3/16 copper wire, well this fall the tree is about 6'' dia. & quite healthy.

Back