Big Ash?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
Dear Woodburners, which stove maker has the largest ash hopper? My least favorite activity is dumping ashes so y'all can let me know the stoves with the biggest hopper.

Dear Woodburners, which stove maker has the largest ash hopper? My least favorite activity is dumping ashes so y'all can let me know the stoves with the biggest hopper.
I have a Hardy outside wood furnace I clean it out about every 2 weeks or so it goes 24-7

And here I thought you were talking about the 33" dia. standing dead ash tree I harvested last summer. BTW, I bucked it to length, split it, and sold it all, delivered and stacked -- nine truckloads.

And here I thought you were talking about the 33" dia. standing dead ash tree I harvested last summer. BTW, I bucked it to length, split it, and sold it all, delivered and stacked -- nine truckloads.
That was a nice ash. It’s a shame there just about all gone now. Last year we burnt maybe 3 black locust and the rest ash. We’re trying to use it all up before it rots.

Have you tried not using the hopper but rather scooping into an ash bucket that sits real close (take a little bit out every day or two) - then emptying the bucket when needed? It is a LOT easier moving a bucket through the house than pulling out an ash hopper then getting it through the house.

Back