• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Big Bear encounter today

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Fun with flying wood chips
Wife and I took our Boston terrier out this afternoon on the golf cart. She got off the cart down near the pond, and started towards the woods. Then, a huge black bear came out of the woods right where she was headed. It was a stand-off. We started hollering, until the bear went back in the woods. Our dog reluctantly came back, and her hair was standing up on her back from one end to the other. Fun afternoon!

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
Wife and I took our Boston terrier out this afternoon on the golf cart. She got off the cart down near the pond, and started towards the woods. Then, a huge black bear came out of the woods right where she was headed. It was a stand-off. We started hollering, until the bear went back in the woods. Our dog reluctantly came back, and her hair was standing up on her back from one end to the other. Fun afternoon!
Those situations can be scary. My little dog is so protective, she loses her mind when encountering large predators.

MechanicMatt

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
I saw this on Facebook once and thought to myself, this is soooo true. If any stranger or other dog tries going near my daughters, Jacque their dog transforms from this football sized dog to a ferocious beast. Gotta love the little guy cause I can honestly say, he’d lay his life down to protect our family E40F35F1-9BD1-478C-ABBE-677D0F75D289.png

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
I saw this on Facebook once and thought to myself, this is soooo true. If any stranger or other dog tries going near my daughters, Jacque their dog transforms from this football sized dog to a ferocious beast. Gotta love the little guy cause I can honestly say, he’d lay his life down to protect our family
LOL. Years ago a girl friends Chihuahua was equally confused about his size in life. Fully evident when he tried to mount my female Rottweiler.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
During a bear attack I throw rocks at the person I’m with, that way the bear knows who’s side I’m on.
That is the best advice I have heard in some time. I often go with some friends through a forested area near my house. I am asked often what will I do when the bears come around. No worries as I remind them I just have to be faster then they are. Thanks

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
032CF4CA-5BB8-4B14-9587-D88FC3BF1A1D.jpeg When getting attacked by a bear just run down hill because a bear can’t run down hill very fast and will usually do a face plant or just a tuck and roll, but I have news for you, I can’t run down hill very fast either.
Here’s a good read.