• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Big Husqvarna saws for Alpina and/or McCulloch saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I'm looking for more larger Alpina chainsaws and newer Alpinas. I'm also looking for a decent McCulloch Promac 72, which is a newer Italian made model. I have cash and also recently rebuilt Husqvarna 3120 and 385 saws to trade. Pictures coming soon of both.Thanks!

Hey Guys-

I'm looking for more larger Alpina chainsaws and newer Alpinas. I'm also looking for a decent McCulloch Promac 72, which is a newer Italian made model. I have cash and also recently rebuilt Husqvarna 3120 and 385 saws to trade. Pictures coming soon of both.Thanks!
Hey Jacob I have a ALPINA PROF 700, if that's something your looking for letting me know. I can get pictures it's a runner.

Yessir, I'm interested. I'm on the coast by Newport.
Okay I was just there at Beverly Beach a few days ago lol! Let me get some pictures and compression check. It's a very well built saw but hard as heck finding parts for it. I remember compression is super strong and it screams. Has some minor cosmetic issues.

We do a lot of tree service work at Beverly Beach, and I fell some hazard trees there just last November. I think I'll be going up there again in May to take out a few more.

We do a lot of tree service work at Beverly Beach, and I fell some hazard trees there just last November. I think I'll be going up there again in May to take out a few more.
So here's what I noticed with the saw. Clutch cover damaged, missing one bar stud, and the kill switch lever is broken, but does work. Starter cover has some damage, handle bar has some tape wrapped on it. Also it will probably need a new carburetor kit and possibly lines. It's been sitting in my shop for awhile. Last time I started it was last summer and it fired right up. That being said shoot me a fair offer.

Like the alpinas
72052bbc5b6aad7061480b5d3ef33eee.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Sow my mc culloch adiction is ending [emoji16] sorry billy
e6638502add9bb5adc12a801fa663aa5.jpg
ee3de820805e37f7e51fcc5d24b1f1d9.jpg
94cb9ffd08154b138c8a4fbbeb95e4d7.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
What model Alpina is this? I'm asking because I was just given a saw very similar to this but with an orange clutch cover. No markings on the exterior besides the obvious ALPINA but I can see the faint outline of a missing decal that said "TIMBER" on this side.

What model Alpina is this? I'm asking because I was just given a saw very similar to this but with an orange clutch cover. No markings on the exterior besides the obvious ALPINA but I can see the faint outline of a missing decal that said "TIMBER" on this side.

If it has the orange clutch cover, it's likely the 120. Those were sold a lot more here than the 90. The price difference wasn't much.

If it has the orange clutch cover, it's likely the 120. Those were sold a lot more here than the 90. The price difference wasn't much.
Thanks Jacob J.
I have to correct my first description. Now that I'm back home from work, I looked at the sticker shadow and it says "Forest" on the upper part of the clutch cover, not TIMBER.
Age make memory work harder.
BTW, have you any sources for parts? My first interest is in replacing old rubber mounts.

No sources for parts that I'm aware of, other than buying used saws and carcasses when you can. These all went off the production line in the early 80's and new parts have been NLA for 30 years. Even the dealers who had NOS inventory are pretty much long gone.

No sources for parts that I'm aware of, other than buying used saws and carcasses when you can. These all went off the production line in the early 80's and new parts have been NLA for 30 years. Even the dealers who had NOS inventory are pretty much long gone.

That's a big BUMMER. Well, good to know what to expect. I'll be keeping a lookout as I usually do. If I find other Alpina's I may contact you down the road to let you know if you're interested. I'm up the coast from you in the Olympic Peninsula but I sometimes travel as far south as Coos Bay.

Latest posts

Back