Big Oak Tree's that need to go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA HA this has become comical... We Wanted the trees down, we paid a good price to have a great job done and we are happy. If you dont like it too bad if, if you think I'm nuts well maybe I am !!! Just a little... For anyone who was interested there are no mills around here taking oak. They all say there is no money in it because of something to do with South America and a supply down there.

This is a great forum and I have learned many things, however when I finish taking down the tree's at my house I am not going to say a word about it here. Last thing I need is another, your home is going to loose value if you take something away from it that is cracking the foundation, not letting the sun get in to dry out the ground and craking up your driveway !!!

I think tree's are a beautiful thing, just not on my land !!!

Kip

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever posted here at Arboristsite, and believe me that is saying something! Especially the last statement.

Wow, those were awesome oaks. I'd reckon the appraised value would have been upwards of $50,000, easily...

Sure it was kipper's right to cut them, since there were no tree protection ordinances in place, but what a shame.

He also does not have a clue as to just how much water a tree takes up. Just another one of his uneducated remarks.

A customer took down two Weeping Willows in his front yard. That Spring he is calling me to solve a water problem. His front yard was now under water. $25k later I have a 1000 gallon drywell, backed up by a pump wiht a full curtain drain wrapped around his houes. All because of two trees. Granted, Willows drink a lot of water, but if you have som much water that you think the trees are preventing the soil from drying out, you have a drainage problem, not a tree problem.

His little invention should be in the redneck website, you know your a redneck when??

Actually that invention was already invented back in the 70/80's You can tell they worked so great they are still around...:laugh:

Best part is the fan motor right there in front of the fireplace.

did anyone notice the team of mexicans pulling on the rope on the butt cut?
lol

i thought 1400 a tree was a little low after seeing those pics.

i mean hey, he might be a knucklehead but he got what he wanted. the trees are down.

Actually that invention was already invented back in the 70/80's You can tell they worked so great they are still around...

Best part is the fan motor right there in front of the fireplace.

Yes I know. I have a heatilator in my fireplace upstairs. And I assure you it looks nothing like that. Its built in, and has vents in the rock work. And it actually does work, I have glass doors on the fireplace. But I think I ve had like 2 fires in it a year. Just for astetic's, I have a airtight wood stove downstairs that I heat with, (Pacific energy).

Y'all are a rough bunch. :)

The man needed firewood, and he had some standing in his mom's yard. Why not take some inheritance early? :)

Give ol' Kipper some credit. At least he didn't come on here asking for advice on how to take those trees down himself. :)

The man needed firewood, and he had some standing in his mom's yard. Why not take some inheritance early? :)

Give ol' Kipper some credit. At least he didn't come on here asking for advice on how to take those trees down himself. :)

then he shouldve been honest! If that was the case I would have respected his decision alot more for being honest!

The man needed firewood, and he had some standing in his mom's yard. Why not take some inheritance early?

Actually, according to him, after splitting 10 cords of green firewood, he Wholesaled it! I don't know how much the going rate of wholesale firewood is, but around here Seasoned Firewood delivered is $170 - $200 per cord. I would have to imagine that to season 10 cords and then deliver it next year, it could not be worth more than 1/2 of the going rate at best so he most likely didn't even cover the cost of the tree removal.

Now add in the two threads on heating his (or is it really his Mom's) house with wood and did he take the trees down to burn? According to one of his comments, he was already burning Green Wood (two cords worth he had) back in December

Last edited:
Ok, now that this has become a joke to look at I will give my last remarks.

If you disagree with me cutting the tree's down becasue you love tree's? GO HUG A HYBRID !!!!

If you disagree with me returning my wood stove? Check the weather forecast for Charleston SC today and the rest of the week, this is as cold as it will get for the next two months with some days reaching 70 degrees farenheit. We dont need woodstoves down here you incampoops !!! :clap:

If you disagree with selling of ten cords of unseasoned red oak to a wholesaler well take $1500.00 out of your pocket and look real hard at it because that is what I have in my pocket form the sale of those ten cords. Something you may not realize is people down here will pay very good money for wood and that wood next year will be worth about 3 grand plus delivery fee.

I have respected your opinions so far however one thing i have noticed is no one is form the south. We do things just a little different down here.

Oh and for my job, that sure is a funny one !!! I wish I could tell you what I really do, I am actually a millionaire and in this for the exercise !!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers !

Oh and for my job, that sure is a funny one !!! I wish I could tell you what I really do, I am actually a millionaire and in this for the exercise !!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that is funny. You're a millionaire, but couldn't figure out a more cost effective way to deal with leaves other than tree removal.:dizzy:

You know there is a joke and funny picture subforum here, right? You should really post things like this in there.

I have respected your opinions so far however one thing i have noticed is no one is form the south. We do things just a little different down here.

This was not a north/south thing, this was a make a quick $$$ thing. I know when the temperature gets up to 95++ whoever is living in that house will wish they had the shade that those trees provided. I agree that they were your trees and you can do whatever you want to do on your land. It was a poor decision in my opinion. There were some very good and sensible solutions offered on this site as alternatives to the tree removal, your decision to make a quick $$ was very short sited and will be regretted as time goes on. Knowing more of the details about the plan to sell the wood from the start dismisses the story about the cracked foundation and drainage problems. That and the leaf issue were probably a rouse to get the OK to remove the trees and pocket some quick $$$. I understand it was your Mom's house anyway, so she will have to lay out the $$$ for the new AC unit and roof later on. Enjoy your inheritance.

i'm from the south........

Ok, now that this has become a joke to look at I will give my last remarks.

If you disagree with me cutting the tree's down becasue you love tree's? GO HUG A HYBRID !!!!

If you disagree with me returning my wood stove? Check the weather forecast for Charleston SC today and the rest of the week, this is as cold as it will get for the next two months with some days reaching 70 degrees farenheit. We dont need woodstoves down here you incampoops !!! :clap:

If you disagree with selling of ten cords of unseasoned red oak to a wholesaler well take $1500.00 out of your pocket and look real hard at it because that is what I have in my pocket form the sale of those ten cords. Something you may not realize is people down here will pay very good money for wood and that wood next year will be worth about 3 grand plus delivery fee.

Cheers !

and i think you make Ted Kennedy look smart.that my friend is pathetic!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back