• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Bigbore! 1963 275 Canadien,125cc,complete,extras

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 275 is definitely not a easy saw to locate but they are around. A 276 would be a better find. They are nowhere near what I would consider a "Holy Grail" item

I know only too well that you can't pour gas into a saw over 50 years old and try to run it.The fuel line will be rotten,diaphagms hard as rock,crank seals dried out and leaking badly,possibly corrosion on the rod or main bearings-that would destroy it in minutes for sure.
I tore it down just as any other knowledgable person would to inspect everything,and replace parts such as bearings, seals,gaskets,carb kit,etc. and then restore it with a fresh paint job to bring it back as close to new condition as possible.Then it would be safe to run it too. Sure I can bolt it all back together,but why,the new owner will pull it down to rebuild it just as I have...
Photographs of a complete saw tells a buyer nothing about the actual condition of the saw,the piston/cyl. could be siezed and ruined,broken crank or rusted and pitted con rod,clutch missing,broken castings etc that could make it worthless.
I have a friend with a good camera who is coming here after his sawmill shifts are done and will get good close-up photos of all components,proving they are all in good condition and it is all there.

There is no way a saw dismantled for 10 years is worth more than a complete running saw. In any case, unless it's sold as new, I assume any saw will need some measure of repair. Especially one as old as your Canadien 275.

Fortunately, as anyone who knows me can attest, I'm not one to shy away from projects. Seals, bearings, rings, and gaskets I have. So, as long the 275 is complete and in good condition as far as wear goes, I'll make an offer on this saw. It won't be as high as I'm willing to go for a good runner.

Can't wait to see pictures. Does it have the 2 piece or 1 piece top cover? Auto-oiler?

Chris B.

The 275 is definitely not a easy saw to locate but they are around. A 276 would be a better find. They are nowhere near what I would consider a "Holy Grail" item

Holy grail or not, I've seen a lot more Solo Twins and Dolmar wankels than I have seen 276s or 1690s or 385s or 380s or even 275s. Only ever seen one PM390, and that is owned by a member on this site.

Not saying that a Canadien will bring more money than a Twin, but the right one might.

Chris B.

Holy grail or not, I've seen a lot more Solo Twins and Dolmar wankels than I have seen 276s or 1690s or 385s or 380s or even 275s. Only ever seen one PM390, and that is owned by a member on this site.

Not saying that a Canadien will bring more money than a Twin, but the right one might.

Chris B.
But the twin sounds like more fun.

Chris B.

I would rather have a 276 or 385 any day. This isn't my saw, but sometimes, when I'm running one of my saws, I close my eyes and imagine I'm running this one. They are my favorite looking muscle saw.
image.jpeg

I don't have to imagine.

P1000982%202_zps0ikf2dlq.jpg

Canadiens_3_zps74fbcd52.jpg

Chris,

There is no doubt you have the best Canadien collection I have seen. Now the question is Why don't you bring those to Baraboo? It is not all that far from you

Back