• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

biggest power on a supper splitter

samhop

samhop

ArboristSite Operative
It's a newer lister AC-1, if you click on the link in my signature, there's pictures of the build.
i really like what you did with that build the lower center of gravity is a nice idea.
im thinking about trying to add another flywheel under slung to take advantage of the extra power.

samhop

samhop

ArboristSite Operative
finely got around to replacing the old engine on my super splitter and in keeping with the them of MORE is better i uped the power a teeny bit. my experience is that the 16:1 reduction powers through a lot after the flywheels have unloaded there juice.
IMG_4848.JPG upload_2020-1-4_12-50-33.jpeg

samhop

samhop

ArboristSite Operative
i ran some knotty old apple crotches that i had put to the side because of the odd shapes and sizes. the extra power really is nice to have. once the initial hit is spent the 16:1 reduction dogs the motor a little and it jest powers through the tough bits.

samhop

samhop

ArboristSite Operative
i ripped the bolts out of the push plate slide. had to add some gussets and weld it up. if i pull the bolts again i will tap the through holes in the intermediate block and bolt the push bar to the block with a bigger bolt instead of going through the block and into the 1/2" slide plate not much thread there. i will try and post a pick