BIL Mill maxed (Pt1)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the weather has finally cooled of in OZ land.
Nice wood pictures!
What kind of tools are you planning with this wood? The last pictures you posted of tools you made are beautiful.
jerry-

Actually it hasn't really cooled off but we are getting some rain. We have not used a heater so far this year which is equivalent for you folks of not using heating in early December.

I have no special plans for any of this wood. Eventually it will tell me what it wants to be :)

My next round of tool making could be some wooden planes. I have some nice pieces of Japanese White Oak that keep calling me to come and turn them into a plane or two. I also have some seriously hard Aussie Timber, called Tuart that I milled last year. I think it's dry and also heard a few whispers from it recently.

Cheers

Last edited:
Gonna turn this into a "Lazarus" thread just to bemoan the loss of all the pics from these oldie but goodie threads-would LOVE to be able to see exactly what's being discussed rather than only having the faintest idea of what the mill part/function under discussion looks like.

Back