ArboristSite.com Sponsors

billet aluminum dual port muffler off ebay

Herman the German

Herman the German

ArboristSite Member
Has anyone purchased a billet aluminum dual port muffler off of eBay. I really like the look of the one I see on there and it also has the screens on both outlet ports. Seems to be pretty durable and looks thick ect. It's like around $50 which is a bit high on price especially if I don't end up liking it. s-l400.jpg I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this muffler and if so how do you like it? Also I know this doesn't matter but does the aluminum turn colors from heat after saw is ran a bit.. I know aluminum and steel have differences in heat retention ect and aluminum don't always show "heat colors" ect. Thanks for answering my silly questions. They may not mean anything to anyone else but they do to me so any help would be appreciated..

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Imo the outlets seem a bit small but it is pretty nice looking, my concern main concern would be oil staining when any gets on it and cooks off.

Herman the German

Herman the German

ArboristSite Member
Imo the outlets seem a bit small but it is pretty nice looking, my concern main concern would be oil staining when any gets on it and cooks off.
Yeah I was checking out those outlet pipes. They seem small but I wonder if that's just how the picture made it look ya know how that can happen. But I could ask the seller the dimensions and see if any complaints have been made regarding stain ects