Biomass Direct Outdoor Wood Furnace Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and have been talking to a guy at the Biomass Direct wood boiler company. I have looked at the videos on their web site. Does anybody have any info about this furnace and the company.

I am new to this forum and have been talking to a guy at the Biomass Direct wood boiler company. I have looked at the videos on their web site. Does anybody have any info about this furnace and the company.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LARRY BOYD!!!!!!! Check out a topic on here "owb company out of business?"

Shawman contact me or WOODDOG 66 for info or help or anyone that bought a furnace from TimberRidge before Mr. Larry Boyd filed for bankrupty. emmeg

YEAH like emmeg said hes now what i call a pathalogical liar he will tell ya everything you wanna hear yes...i like the furnace but you go from timber ridge aka "freeheat machine then biomass-direct now hes trying his own division of the fisher stoves and they all have the same look and design just different colors...so IMO i would look elsewhere cause theres nooooo CUSTOMER SATISFACTION HERE:angry:

no i dont think so those are free standing stoves and have been around along time larry just SAYS he knows him "bob fisher" so well and wanted him to open a outdoor unit named fisher to sell cause i guess larry has sold so many fishers in his lifetime!!and wanted him to have a outdoor model but look up fisherstovesusa.com its the same thing as a biomass just different stickers and ooohh my bad color!!

David Myers in Austinville VA is selling the Fisher OWB that is the same as the Biomass Direct. He is a big bud of Larry Boyd.

David Myers in Austinville VA is selling the Fisher OWB that is the same as the Biomass Direct. He is a big bud of Larry Boyd.

With all these red flags and people learning the hard way Stay the HE?? away from Larry Boyd !!!!!!!!

Biomass Direct Outdoor Wood Furnace

Thank you guys so much. After seeing your posts I did some checking on my own and found even more negative thing about this company and it's past. I'm still looking and will get a OWB this year but it won't be one of these. This is a great site for anyone who is like me and who wants to buy but needs all the information I can get.

Thank you guys so much. After seeing your posts I did some checking on my own and found even more negative thing about this company and it's past. I'm still looking and will get a OWB this year but it won't be one of these. This is a great site for anyone who is like me and who wants to buy but needs all the information I can get.

Good for you Shawman I love mine we heat 2 houses and our business with ours . We went from 3000-4000gallons of oil yearly to about 150 gallons, but I wouldn't do it with anything Larry Boyd had his paws in if I could do over again. emmeg

Biomass Direct Outdoor Wood Furnace

I put $4,000 down on a furnace with Larry at Free Heat he closed the company and I didn't get my furnace and I didn't get my money back. Now I see him on Biomass Direct and Fisher Stoves videos. Emmeg is right about this guy.

Biomass-direct

Wow this thread is great for anyone who is looking for information about Biomass-Direct or Fisher Stoves. When I looked at their videos and web site it seemed like they had it all especially customer service. Sorry for the people who have been hurt by this Larry but it is good to have this out.

Does anyone have any update on the Larry Boyd, Fisher Stoves-Biomass Direct, Tennessee Consumer affairs investigation?

Larry Boyd Biomass Direct

Larry Boyd was Vice President of Timber Ridge aka Free Heat Machine---he had his partner file bankruptcy and then Larry Boyd open up Biomass Direct the next month he has now started another OWB company-- Fisher Stoves, He had many warranty problems and customers who put down deposits at FHM and he didn't deliver their furnaces or give them their money[IMG] back. Other post put the total lost to customers not delivered is in the $60,000 range. The Tennessee Consumer Affairs has an ongoing investigation on him and his recent companies.
Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any update on the Larry Boyd, Fisher Stoves-Biomass Direct, Tennessee Consumer affairs investigation?

I tried Tennessee Consumer Affairs.... what a joke they are. I developed yet another leak in my stove. This would be the 5th season I've used it if I even get to. Anyway I got so pissed I did a blog about Larry Boyd/Biomass Direct/Timber Ridge on my website. The comment buy his former book keeper will show what kind of guy your dealing with. Biomass Direct, Fisher Stoves Buyer BEWARE

I've been getting a lot of hits on that blog post, on average 8 per day. I can't help but think it's cut into his sales atleast once. Gotta luv it!! what a scumbag Larry Boyd is. I'll surely look him up if I ever get to Tennessee : )

Below is a link I found with an update about Larry Boyd and his Fisher Stoves/Biomass Direct outdoor wood furnaces.

Biomass]Biomass Direct, Fisher Stoves Buyer BEWARE Direct, Fisher Stoves Buyer BEWARE

With the cold weather here hopefully it can help just 1 person from getting hurt.

2012 OFFICIAL STATEMENT - BIOMASS DIRECT, LLC

Larry Boyd, the owner Biomass Direct, LLC (manufacturer of Fisher Stoves™), worked for Timber Ridge, Inc. as a salesman, designer, driver and video personality. He did not have decision-making power within the company. The president of Timber Ridge, Inc. made the decision to close its doors for good due to the constant downturn of the economy.

Biomass Direct, LLC was founded after Timber Ridge, Inc. was closed, and has no affiliation with the aforementioned company.

Please see our About page for more details.

Thank you,

Biomass Direct, LLC

Back