Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Test cuts behind shop walls wood be a cool vid! Outta da weather, DO IT! That wood make up for Alot of the bullchit and wood probably pull u outta da sewer! I triple dog dare you!

Shop =mom's basement=gayrees living arrangements

C'mon flabz, nobody pissrevs where they sleep.

Sorry Gary it's just too dam easy

You might want to reconsider the timeing advance made a big difference in my saw was thinking of getting it ported and after the muffler mod and timing advance I could swear it was ported I'm not a expert but it made a big difference in my standard carb saw
Good luck with the build
This saw does not need to be ported, what you did is all that needs to be done. Porting wood add maybe 10% at the most IF A GUY KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. not worth it imho unless you do the work yourself.

Shop =mom's basement=gayrees living arrangements

C'mon flabz, nobody pissrevs where they sleep.

Sorry Gary it's just too dam easy
That’s why it wood be fuggin awesome! I will ban myself and disappear forever if he posts a video of him cuttin cookies in the house! Wood cookies, not toll house. He could aim the chip discharge right into the washing machine, throw in his socks and done! Ready to be washed

Just a small sampling from the first few pages of frank stomping on brads build thread. How’s it feel Gary?

Stratos stock or gutted ?

So I am to assume you have access to / own a Dyno for testing ? Also you have multiple jugs / pistons to test with ? Or just a copy of your 261c builds ?

Haha lmfao !!!

Yah ... now let’s hear from the builder - hopefully thread will be worthwhile to all ...

Yah , looks like the op is m.i.a. ???

Yah , then maybe he should have started the thread ............ Friday ?

Yah ..... for someone fresh out of retirement most wood think ya might hit the ground running ... is this the case ? Maybe ... I just asked ya a simple question and STIHL ... no concrete answer .... I’ll just let it go ... for now

Not a liberal ; ass ? That’s in the eye of the beholder !View attachment 685852

Yeppers ... might be the “Ohio hardwood” but that saws flinging more dust than pigpen from peanuts !

Not only did I watch but I timed the cuts ...View attachment 686257

A ported 461 will spank - o - la the 462c IF the guy knows what he’s doing ... matter of fact an 044/440 will beat up on it too ... woodnt be so quick to be beatin my chest on this Saw

Yah ... I come on here to learn and share observations ... if I wanted to be entertained by clowns I’d turn on the tv and watch jerry-springer !!!

Go ahead knock - yourself out !!!

My 064 from 1992 begs to differ sir - it’ll spank -0-la a modern 660 no problem ... in fact an older 044 done by a knowledgeable porter “wood” beat up on this 462c something fierce in its present state of tune

Well ... looks like the actions’ done tapered - off on this thread

View attachment 686746Gary-goo , the LAST word in chainsaw mix oil !

None of the above ... now I’d be checking myself if I were you junior !

I’m trying to view 462c “ Snellerized Style “ thread but apparently the OP is MIA and it looks like the circus is back in town ! Later junior! Lmfao ... goin to check out Crabby Cooters’ thread ... no action here ! View attachment 686779

Hotsaws101 just uploaded some action ! See ya later - hopefully the OP puts his nose to the grindstone and offers up some Saw-**** ... heavens knows we can’t wait forever especially when the saw can be stripped naked in under 10 minutes ... lmfao !!!!!!

A few more of a good thread being ruined by yours truly.

Apparently Mr Snelling has gone back to constructing the Death Star !

For you ? $1000 .... and that includes a steak dinner with all the fixings!!! And if you act now ... 1 case of ice-cold Schmidt’s beer ... in da can!

My guess is that after being ported by Snelling the earths rotation will be altered in such a manner that the force of gravity will no longer apply ; rendering such measurement redundant

aw shucks ! We all woodnt miss this for the world !!!

According to the OP the game is rained - out !!!View attachment 687156

if ya want em to rev ya can’t go coo-coo with da compression imho !!!

Yah ... I don’t have one of each on hand to compare so yes I’m speculating .... ???

It “wood” be nice to see ... 1) stock , 2) ported , 3) gutted stratos ... only by real-world testing shall we know the truth !

Looks like a blue-bird day !

Yah , lotsa yappin on here about woulda , shoulda , coulda - the only way to know for sure is to test ; test ; test ...... then YOU have the knowledge - besides , a lot of guys on here simply refuse to believe the findings anyway ! Sayonara

Use pipe and sonic wave

Oh yeah ... what a bluebird day ... high skies and almost 60 here ... lovely day for Saw-work

That’s the 64000 question

I agree ... perhaps at high-rpm a bit more fuel is combustible and that’s where Mr Snelling is finding his gains ... but alas what you gain here ya lose there - simple physics 101

Oh what a nice day ! Couldn’t ask for a better day for Saw work / testing !!!!!

??? Hello hello anybody out there !

Yah ... how bout some video there Thor

Yah , too long of a “lull” in the action sometimes brings it out ... we are all waiting with great anticipation for the next Snellerized ported 462c video - out

Yah whatever ...I have proof of my exploits pal so I can speak and back it up ! Maybe use guys need a x-mas gift ! View attachment 687932

Some-tin bout a carb ???

Attention! Attention! Everyone synchronize your watch ... between 5 and 5:13 today we shall finally see the “piece de la resistance “

Wood be interesting if Brad wood show close-up of spark plug ...

Flow-measurement ... another very simple way is to look at spark plug - perhaps Brad will show pic ..... no ?

. Yah ... I like to see 30-40% increase in cutting speed ... IF you have lots of timber to buck the port-job pays for itself rather quickly and then it’s gravy after that ... plus you have the enjoyment of running a saw that punches FAR above its weight class

Typical sucksvarna !

Yah ... YOUR LUNGS dude ! Not mine .. you wanna breathe toxic - air be my guest lmfao

No ... that’s not the point slick ... much sharper minds Agree with me junior ... now gimme 25 Sarge out !!!

Yah ... nobody vyning here junior ... why don’t you try sucking on the exhaust of an idling kx500 for a bit and then report your findings to us !

Yeppers ! STIHL waiting to see the spark-plug of Snelling’s 462c ...

But, but , but it’s the gutted - wonder mod - how dare you !View attachment 688844

Yah ... fresh fuel out the exhaust port ... good mod to keep engine cool and well-lubricated though lol !

Maybe I can get Hotsaws101 to fart in Snelling’s gas tank ... should be good for a 10% gain minimum !!!

Yah ... well the wheel is round my friend ... it’s your money you buy whatever Saw / porting service you desire - my honest assessment from a guy who knows ...I’d take a tree-monkey or even (gulp) a bird-legs special before a Snellerized Saw ... of course Hotsaws101 wood be the first choice- take it from a knowledgeable individual !

Funny thing is ... where is Snelling and why won’t he show da spark plug from the 462c ? Perhaps he’s working on da Saw idk ... It “wood” be nice for him to show face , after all - it is HIS thread ! Lol

Yah , u sir are correct ... it appears the OP is MIA hence the sidetrack

Fiber ports ... Xfp or Sfp + ???

Yah , spanked a lot of CR500 s and Banshees back in the day at the dirt-drags ... that bike made a ****-ton of powa ... IF the guy knew what he was doing ... we now return to our regularly scheduled program ...

Yah ... I’m not sure that flow - velocity calculation,and cad are “theories “ Mr. Snelling ...I’m very in tune with my equipment and even the most perceptive people can be wrong + or - 10% by the seat of their pants or by shooting from the hip ... what “feels” stronger may in fact be a bias or expectation by the operator that particular moment ... we shall see what TM comes up with using the gutted intake boot soon enough

It sounds/cuts well but that’s definitely “Ohio hardwood” there ! Lol ... like to see in hard maple or better yet red-oak ... maybe check local Craigslist and scoop up free ... I’m using ears as instructed - only critique is that it should be hitting the limiter , cracking high idle immediately ... seems like a split-second more than what it should be especially on THAT Model saw ... maybe we can see spark-plug after you make some cuts ? This will clear up any misconceptions for sure ...

depends on the criteria that you use to define Art

Yep ... just looked at the calendar and I haven’t farted in 3 weeks !
[/QUOTE]

You might want to reconsider the timeing advance made a big difference in my saw was thinking of getting it ported and after the muffler mod and timing advance I could swear it was ported I'm not a expert but it made a big difference in my standard carb saw
Good luck with the build
Yah , I’m really not looking for more midrange power for this build so I’ll leave the timing right where it is

Reactions: TBS
Quick question for ya Gayree, with some of your posts from brads build thread staring you right in da face, can you see what a dik you are? Or are you that fugged up in da head to realize it?

Yah , I’m really not looking for more midrange power for this build so I’ll leave the timing right where it is

What are your thoughts on gutting the stratos or keeping them intact?

I hear a very well known respected builder has had great success eliminating them. Might be worth a try.

Do you need any help moving around those giant test logs? Or has my invitation been rescinded?

I'm not far away gary just say the word bro.

"It “wood” be nice to see ... 1) stock , 2) ported , 3) gutted stratos ... "ONLY BY REAL-WORLD TESTING SHALL WE KNOW THE TRUTH !"
Back up one your 100 statements on this guys thread. Remember you gotta make 40% gains on your first try, your not allowed to experiment or go little by little. You claimed you can get 40% gains on your first try in Brads thread. So lets see it, a little precipitation didn't stop us from putting in a 8 hour day and 6 loads of chips/2 log truck loads.

I see that testing of a 70+cc saw is about to commence with the above test “logs”. Or as I call it... 3 pieces of 16” firewood. This is an absolute accurate representation of what is to follow-

Prepare to hear no numbers... no talk of port timing, area or duration.

Prepare to hear lots of generalized terminologies like “enhanced air flow”. “Customized this and customized that”.

Amazing that THIS is the guy who was trying to talk smack and **** all over brads build along thread.

I see that testing of a 70+cc saw is about to commence with the above test “logs”. Or as I call it... 3 pieces of 16” firewood. This is an absolute accurate representation of what is to follow-

Prepare to hear lots of generalized terminologies like “enhanced air flow”. “Customized this and customized that”.

Amazing that THIS is the guy who was trying to talk smack and **** all over brads build along thread.
You know when your dropping eab ash trees left and right and producing 10 cords of wood a day, sometimes that’s all you have access to. At least it will be filmed on location on mommas property

Yah , Here in wny with the snow/cold etc tree-removal is unfortunately not a high - priority and customers will wait until spring unless an emergency occurs ... I have 3 test logs on hand ... making the best of what I have guy ... We will STIHL be able to see any performance gains (or losses) regardless ... Mr. Curtis , if you are here speaking on Bragleys’ behalf and trying to “Pearl Harbor “ THIS CAT all I can say is be prepared to get HIROSHIMA’d !!

Reactions: TBS
Yah , Here in wny with the snow/cold etc tree-removal is unfortunately not a high - priority and customers will wait until spring unless an emergency occurs ... I have 3 test logs on hand ... making the best of what I have guy ... We will STIHL be able to see any performance gains (or losses) regardless ... Mr. Curtis , if you are here speaking on Bragleys’ behalf and trying to “Pearl Harbor “ THIS CAT all I can say is be prepared to get HIROSHIMA’d !!
And it begins........ @cuinrearview called it first few posts in

"It “wood” be nice to see ... 1) stock , 2) ported , 3) gutted stratos ... "ONLY BY REAL-WORLD TESTING SHALL WE KNOW THE TRUTH !"
Back up one your 100 statements on this guys thread. Remember you gotta make 40% gains on your first try, your not allowed to experiment or go little by little. You claimed you can get 40% gains on your first try in Brads thread. So lets see it, a little precipitation didn't stop us from putting in a 8 hour day and 6 loads of chips/2 log truck loads.
Yah , and I’d be out “in a little precipitation “ too if I was gettin greased ...

So let me understand correctly, you will be doing a muffler mod and installing the air filter adapter with k&n and calling it a day? That’s the “flow enhancements” Aw what the fuk! This thread sucks!
This is called a "hot woods port"...
Remember that 660 "Hot woods Port" video, boy what a screamer that thing was... My pro mac 55 would of out cut that thing in that log.
No cylinder/piston pics, we'll hear the same old story that he doesn't want to show his magic porting skills so nobody can steal them... Wonder what he grinds cylinders with a 7/32 round or a flat bastard file?

This is called a "hot woods port"...
Remember that 660 "Hot woods Port" video, boy what a screamer that thing was... My pro mac 55 would of out cut that thing in that log.
No cylinder/piston pics, we'll hear the same old story that he doesn't want to show his magic porting skills so nobody can steal them... Wonder what he grinds cylinders with a 7/32 round or a flat bastard file?
I find it quite odd that the Stock Saw hasn’t even been put into the test logs yet and already we are hearing whining about jug/slug pics and porting numbers hmm ... Please send some of your stash along with the 57cc pro mac .... I will be happy to “test” your theory lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back