Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a square grinder or round I'm not familiar with them

Is it a square grinder or round I'm not familiar with them
Sqr/rnd ... only machine I’ve used that will best off the roll RS ... easy to grind different angles on the chain for the type of timber you cut .... went away from sqr/sqr as the sqr/round is easier to sharpen in field ... For “racing” you can’t beat the sqr/sqr especially the way John R hand-files em

I just dip my saws in the cauldron of performance like I’ve said all along View attachment 714361as long as I have fresh chicken-gizzards I can do 2 saws a day ... of course , you need be a wizard of the 1st order for the incantations to work properly... It doesn’t like monkeys for some reason and farts whenever they come around
images (11).jpeg

Great, light a fire under his butt. We are all anxious to see the quality of his work on someone else’s saw.

Hypothetical

Let’s say in a parallel universe a well known quality porter offered to do your saw at half of Gary’s price would you go for it?

If that hypothetical well known porter’s signature had hotsaws101 in it I would. Something like “ hotsaws101 southern franchise”. Is there such a thing as a southern franchise since jack nor frank have time to port my 362? I’m always up for saving money as long as quality isn't sacrificed in the process. Thank you, maybe there is still hope to have my MS362Rcm turned into a ripper!?.?

Frank, still no response from jack or my pm to you. I’m worried something is wrong with this iPad and I am headed out to buy a new one right now. I’m sure it’s a problem on my end and I’m doing all I can to eliminate that possibility.
I sent jack another email and in this one I mentioned that Frank Rizzo is fabz acres, maybe he doesn’t know who Frank Rizzo is and the fabz acres will have more pull? I also told him to reference your “hotsaws101 east coast franchise” signature so he knows I’m not trying to pull the wool over his eyes, even though you informed him on the bat phone hot line. Thankyou

Frank, I cc’d you in the last email, please confirm that you got it. In case you didn’t, here is what I wrote

Jack,

I still have not received a response from you regarding the port work. I just want to clarify who is helping me with this. I mentioned Frank Rizzo, but you may know him better as fabz acres. They are the same person and you can confirm this in franks signature on ArboristSite that says “hotsaws101 east coast franchisee”. The link to the build thread is in my last email. I’m sorry for the confusion and hope you can help me

Sincerely
Steve

Actually .... just got a 7 tree removal / turn into firewood job so I’m not taking on any more work ... I’ll finish the 462c as I get time so bear with me ... make a helluva lot more bread running em than I will sitting on a stool turning wrenches and grinding away !
7 month ago:

"Fabz Acres - Black Cat Perfomance'"
"I’m more of a saw/tech/modifier/ground guy/processor than a climber/feller but now that I have a “knowledgeable individual “ to guide me I’m slowly learning that aspect"

3 month ago:

Are you going to go slay those saplings today?
be patience, them 7 saplings will take him ruffly 7 years to ground.

Frank, I cc’d you in the last email, please confirm that you got it. In case you didn’t, here is what I wrote

Jack,

I still have not received a response from you regarding the port work. I just want to clarify who is helping me with this. I mentioned Frank Rizzo, but you may know him better as fabz acres. They are the same person and you can confirm this in franks signature on ArboristSite that says “hotsaws101 east coast franchisee”. The link to the build thread is in my last email. I’m sorry for the confusion and hope you can help me

Sincerely
Steve
Yah , like I said before Steve , I’m too busy on this end right now to help you with your 362c unfortunately... You said you contacted Jack and he said he was too busy also - thank you for your consideration !

Let’s go through some math together Frankie because I think your “27%” claim to fame is a bunch of BULLCHIT. K?

I’m getting these times
1st cut 10.8
2nd cut 10.5
3rd cut 11.1
We will throw out the high and low and use 10.8

I’m getting these times
1st cut 8.4
2nd cut 7.8
Frank, see the huge difference in cut times? This isn’t the way to test your gains, but anyway we will use them for an average of 8.1

So.... going from 10.8 to 8.1 is a decrease of 25% in cutting time

Now from what I see in your stock 462c video I feel you could have very conservatively made those cuts 1 second faster. I mean be realistic, listen to the saw reving, the saw is barely dropping out of the cut, where in the 441 vid your about slicing your leg off. Btw, these numbers are in YOUR favor.

So our new numbers are 9.8 for the 462 and 8.1 for the 441 which is a decrease of 17% in cut times

Now let’s look at chain aggressiveness. It’s completely obvious they are two different chains. In the 462 vid that chain definitely needs to be sharpened or rakers lowered. In the 441 video the chain is about ripping the saw out of your hands at the 2 second mark.

I’m knocking a Very very conservative 7% off for chain difference. So let’s do the math....

17%-7%=10% this sounds like a more realistic number for the muffler mod you did on the saw vs the 27% your beating your flabby chest with( not even sure where the 27% came from either) The only cylinder work done was you polished the stock ports to “prevent carbon buildup” and possible base gasket delete, but we all know high compression is a rpm killa!

So.... congratulations! Your muffler modded 441 is a very very generous 10% quicker than a stock 462......i won’t even throw in the FACT that the 462 will be faster once it’s fully broken in because I’m SURE that the 441 is! but.... I will add the math for ya. 15% increase in cut times for 462 after broken in. Let’s work out this complicated formula 10%-15% =-5%.

So to break it all down what you thought was a 27% faster modded 441 than a stock 462 is now a modded 441 that is 5% slower than a stock 462. ROFLMAO!

WOOT WOOT!

Yah , like I said before Steve , I’m too busy on this end right now to help you with your 362c unfortunately... You said you contacted Jack and he said he was too busy also - thank you for your consideration !
But you told me you contacted him on the hotline and with your pull, might be able to get him to squeeze me in? How come he isn’t responding after the call to the hotline? Do you have contact info for hotsaws101 southern franchise? Thankyou

But you told me you contacted him on the hotline and with your pull, might be able to get him to squeeze me in? How come he isn’t responding after the call to the hotline? Do you have contact info for hotsaws101 southern franchise? Thankyou
I never stated that ! You said you contacted him via email and that he responded he was swamped with work ... when asked to produce said email to Jack you responded that you would not because you felt it wasn’t appropriate... good day sir !

I never stated that ! You said you contacted him via email and that he responded he was swamped with work ... when asked to produce said email to Jack you responded that you would not because you felt it wasn’t appropriate... good day sir !
Yah Jack just texted me - go ahead and post the email ; he’s fine with it or if you can’t do that email him again at [email protected] ... He says he can’t find anything on his end and is now curious himself

That’s his personal hot-line ; no can do ... the email should be sufficient to contact him ; he’s awaiting

I’m confused frank, you said you contacted him on the hotline and he is awaiting my email, now you are saying you never said that? This is de ja vu of jack saying we never had a conversation via email. Please explain because I’m losing my mind I think

Frank, I see the error with the email address. Your post that I just quoted say @hotmail and then you told me @Rocket mail. Which one is correct? Or should I just resend all emails to both addresses? I went down to 7-Eleven down in Indian town and picked up a new iPad, they sell EVERYTHING there and it was the only thing that was open. They have these iPads hidden behind the counter and you kinda got to know someone to purchase it, if you know what I mean. So I guess I will resend all emails to both address’s and see if I get a response with this new iPad. I will do some research and see if I can come up with another email for jack too, maybe he switched accounts. Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back