Blown engine on Bandit 150 chipper question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you turn on the cruise controll unit it will try to hold the rpm you set it at. All you need to connect is a vacuum line and a throttle cable and have a way to activate. It might be a little slower reacting but it's better than nothing. I have seen these modified to work on other applications so I'm not sure how it would perform on a chipper but don't see why it wouldn't work.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cruise-control2.htm
Thank you sir, I'll see what I can dig up

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

I recently bought a 1995 bandit 150 chipper with a ford 2.3 engine. I just got it apart and its got a hole in the piston, so it needs a complete rebuild or replace with something else.
My question is, Is the 2.3 worth rebuilding ? It will cost over $1000 I will be chipping up to about 8" . Or would I be better off trying to find somthing with a little more power ? Can any one tell me what other motor will bolt up. Can I use somthing out of a mustang or ranger ? I know my 2.3 is an industrial motor so Iam guessing it has a smaller cam to make power down low. Thanks..
I just rebuilt a 2.3 it cost 1,700 but he rebuilt it with industrial parts so I think so. Can you tell me how many RPM to run this engine at? Thanks

Latest posts

Back