Blue Moon unbelievable.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i purchased a stuck/seized husky 2100. I’m thinking a parts saw or for a build. Me and my son tried to pull it over with no such luck. The cord hung out about 6”. We took off the recoil assembly and the cord snapped back in. Hummm.? Tried to turn over the flywheel and she has plenty of compression. The recoil housing had a repair and the screws they used jammed the flywheel. Lucky me. I just need to replace the starter housing.

I’m a magnet for these saws. This has happened before with a 350 with a stuck c release. These saws just speak to me. Weird but true. I have a CAD. I need help.

Here’s the recoil housing that was jamming the flywheel. The screws were jamming the flywheel. There’s nothing wrong with the saw. Some 2100’s don’t get used much. Either way I thought it was a parts saw but she’s a runner. Blame it on the blue moon.

I love big bore saws I can not lie. My two 2100’s fed my family they made money.

Attachments

• 42EE32DF-E9A8-45E1-A2D7-2DB78980253E.jpeg
    42EE32DF-E9A8-45E1-A2D7-2DB78980253E.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 28
There out there. Depends on how big and how much$$. I try to look at the reasonably priced ones. Sometimes there cheap and sometimes there not, but it all comes out even sooner or later. I see a lot of non running parts saws that can be made to run again affordable.

Back