Bluemax chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they pro construction or clamshell engine?
There is no way that its pro grade. $120 saw is what it is, but it does look to have a metal case body. But for the price and the nitch it can fill, plus coming with a 14 and a 20 inch setup. I always say. "I wish I never became obsessed with chainsaws or I'd have a lot more room in my shed and money in my pockets. Owning one of these would be just fine im sure.

They have suprised me with the power to weight and durability. like i posted earlier if i needed another saw i would definitely buy one but i have at least 10 saws now and many projects.

Well lack of a better idea i got er bought. Its the 45cc one 18" bar. 95 bux its probly a POS but i need a test mule for modifications muhahahaha:laugh:
Search "chinese chainsaw" on eBay and you will find lots of parts cheap, including non-cat dual outlet mufflers if it doesn't have one.

Ok thanks of course the carb adjust had to be the pacman style not the splines like i already have

It looks to be a catalyst muffler, so that got me thinking are they made out if the 3 same material as an automotive cat, bc i run 100ll fuel and it will melt down an automotive cat, will it do the same to a saw cat?

Id be afraid it, if it did melt it would start to clog the exhaust up. Id just break it apart and shake it out. the carb adjustment set off flea bay is like $10, includes: double d, splined and pac man

Looks like the dual port mufflers are $12 or so from China.
I haven't bought a saw yet this year, so for a Christmas present to myself I'm going to buy one of these saws and a dual port muffler.[emoji3]

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Looks like the dual port mufflers are $12 or so from China.
I haven't bought a saw yet this year, so for a Christmas present to myself I'm going to buy one of these saws and a dual port muffler.[emoji3]
Cool - post some pictures of it when you're working on it. I've considered getting one too as a backup for my 46cc Poulan which was having some tuning issues. I was just waiting for some spare cash, but I think I got the tuning straightened out now so I'll probably just skip it and live vicariously off of yours.

20161125_174011.jpg there she be in all her chicom glory. Ok first impression = impressed like you guys said. The carrying case is janky, but i dont use cases much anyway. I gassed and oil her up it started in about 6 pulls then idled perfectly, which i was shocked i just knew the carb was gonna be a mess. Took it out and tested on some hardwood, for 45 ccs it screams the hi end tune is also perfect!!! Just a little burble no load full song under load. I wasnt sure ive heard mixed reviews about running it wide open or not to break in, so i did lol. I did my ms 271 that way to so i made a couple WOT cuts ran like a champ 1 pull restarts everytime. I hate to start any crap but i owned an 025 stihl, im pretty confident it would hang with it no problem. This could turn into a go to saw for smaller firewood duties.

View attachment 539309 there she be in all her chicom glory. Ok first impression = impressed like you guys said. The carrying case is janky, but i dont use cases much anyway. I gassed and oil her up it started in about 6 pulls then idled perfectly, which i was shocked i just knew the carb was gonna be a mess. Took it out and tested on some hardwood, for 45 ccs it screams the hi end tune is also perfect!!! Just a little burble no load full song under load. I wasnt sure ive heard mixed reviews about running it wide open or not to break in, so i did lol. I did my ms 271 that way to so i made a couple WOT cuts ran like a champ 1 pull restarts everytime. I hate to start any crap but i owned an 025 stihl, im pretty confident it would hang with it no problem. This could turn into a go to saw for smaller firewood duties.
A 52cc top end is like $25. You know you want one. :eek:

I have a Chinese clone carb Earthquake and my G621 clone. I had to replace the check valve on the Earthquake carb, but other than that they run flawlessly - I would not expect carb issues. I have not run the Earthquake in months and it's sat with E10 since. Today it fired up in 3 pulls from cold and 1 pull every other time.

Do some disassembly and look around to make sure things look like they are put together correctly. The clutch on my G621 clone was on backwards! Maybe spend some time with an X-acto knife cleaning plastic flashing, and look for things like casting flash that might cut A/V bushings, etc. I gotta say that some of the plastic parts on my dad's MS250 were considerably worse than any on my clones as far as untrimmed flashing.

i did notice they didnt take much if anytime to remove plastic flashing, but for the price they had to cut somewhere but all in all it ran really good

I like the blue, even know im partial to orange. Post more pictures of it with the plastics off.

Cool - post some pictures of it when you're working on it. I've considered getting one too as a backup for my 46cc Poulan which was having some tuning issues. I was just waiting for some spare cash, but I think I got the tuning straightened out now so I'll probably just skip it and live vicariously off of yours.
I will. Looking forward to getting my new toy.
I just wonder how long the shipping from China will take for the muffler.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

I was pleased to see pro type construction being able to slide off the jug and do some work in there. But it runs good enough im gonna work it for awhile first before i go mad scientist on it.

In 2007 my boss at that time got one of these in green. 45 cc also. From then i just changed 2 fuel filters, clean the carb and changed the oil pump. Is just used and abused by the worst kind of people. But the cylinder and piston is still OK.The crank also. Used engine oil as bar oil.

Are the dual port non cat mufflers on ebay the ones that say fits timbertech or silverline

Latest posts

Back