Bluemax chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody ever run one. I ask bc my local rural-king has them and there gonna be 20% off. Would end up being real cheap, maybe like a root saw or a loaner, truck saw maybe. Whats the story on em

I've got a cheaper 52cc version of the 45cc bluemax and it runs real nice also has good power. Check to see if it has a rim or spur sprocket. I noticed the craftsman 46cc saws now have a rim sprocket when I looked at the ones osh had.

These are a perfect beater saw.

There is plenty of AS info on them and google info. What would Black Friday savings make the total saw cost? My root saws are a corded and cordless battery powered sawzall. Blades are cheap and hold up better than chains. I also use beater poulans i find on trash day needing nothing or a fuel line or chain reversed to run the correct way. Also cheap bladed hand tools have gotten my job done and made me money. I looked like an ass on my own property!

Neighbor has the 52cc runs good it's his primary firewood saw had it couple years now id pick one up if i needed one.

I dont remember for sure what the normal cost was. I think it was the 45cc unit i believe it was 150$ . I just remember walking by and spotting them bc they hadnt carried them before. So theyd be down to 120$ this weekend

Good idea i keep a couple of poulans for that purpose.

One of my Neighbours ( He of Deep pockets & short arms) bought one of the 45cc models after exhausting his supply of "junk" saws, he's had it around 2 1/2 years & reckons it's the best bit of kit he's ever bought. I don't take much heed to that, but it seems to have worked OK during the time he's owned it; & not required any work on it which must make it reasonable as he's a known destroyer of things mechanical.

It's a clone of the G5000, so there's nothing wrong with the design. As long as they built it ok it should work fine. Probably has a large squish clearance. If it's sold in a retail store in the US it's likely EPA approved and has a cat. You can buy a non-cat muffler on eBay.

They seem a bit heavy for 45cc but reasonable for 52cc.

45 and 52 cc are both full Metal split cases not clamshells. The smaller bluemax saws are also full metal cases.

Go for it! I got an extra piston and cylinder for mine and was only in it for 160$ total. Walmart is selling the 52cc no name version with a 22 inch bar for 125$ online.

I know its no stihl or husky, ive got real nice pro saws like an 056, ms361,5200 poulan.....good stuff. But i want one just to mess with. If it works it works its like comparing my hi point to my glock. Im sure ill have to adjust the carb does it need a special tool or just a flat blade?

You will probably need the special tool since it is an epa approved saw.

Latest posts

Back