Bobcat t320 vs s330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking to buy a track skidsteer to be more efficient on the jobsite hauling branches , feeding to chipper , picking logs, stems , tree trunks and having enough loading capacity to load to the dump truck . Currently have a Bobcat s300 love the machine only problem cant really use it as much on the jobsite do to excessive wear on the lawn . Is worth it to buy a track machine ? Any problems with the t320 or s330 ? Recommendation or experience ?

I have used both. The track machine may tear up the lawn just as bad as the wheel machine. However, the tracks will let you work in more soft conditions. Also, the tracks can do less damage, if you avoid any turns, or put plywood under the tracks where you want to turn. A supply of old 3/4" plywood comes in mighty handy with a track machine on a lawn.

I have used both. The track machine may tear up the lawn just as bad as the wheel machine. However, the tracks will let you work in more soft conditions. Also, the tracks can do less damage, if you avoid any turns, or put plywood under the tracks where you want to turn. A supply of old 3/4" plywood comes in mighty handy with a track machine on a lawn.
Started with a bobcat S 185. I now have a T-770 and an T-590 and a MT 85 mini skid. Tracks are the way to go. Way better flotation. If you have the ability to go straight in and out and can do wide loopy turns you will be just fine. My personal experience running tracked machines they pay for themselves in the extra days of production during the year. If you had wheels you would hold off on work for the day and not generate income.

Back