bomb vs. rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey there all my arbor friends. i am finding something with myself. and i wonder if any of you guys do the same thing. i find that when i work over a home, or over power lines, or some other structure i become more daring. i will go out farther on branches, i will take smaller pieces, and what not. now i find that when i am doing thinning work - cutting select trees in a wooded area, that i wont go up as high into the trees, i will take larger pieces. and also i dont lower pieces. when you guys work in forest areas do you lower limbs and what not. i find that when i work in a wooded area i wind up doing damage to young growth. the saplings and smaller trees. what do you do in this case?

It depends on what the client wants. I'll find out if they want that cost savings and have some "collateral damage". If they want to pay for low imapct work I have bid it that way.

In northern WI, they do what is called "German Forestry" or deadwooding the forest. It is usualy done as if they are working a yard. Low impact, clean cuts. Some people want to walk their wood as if they were in a park, no dead/dieing.

Back