Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do the corks plug up with mud ? i have never has a set ,just vibrams ,they seem to plug up pretty bad

do the corks plug up with mud ?

Not too badly. The soles are flat except for the calks themselves, so the mud falls free easily enough, and also the pokey bits poke through well enough even with mud that they grip when you need 'em to. They're not so grippy on rock, though, which may sound a bit smart-ass until you remember that there are plenty of places where exposed rock is out in the middle of an otherwise-timbered unit. Just try to keep your feet on wood or dirt and you'll be OK.

The rocks would be slippery and we do have quite a bit of rocks exposed in my area.

I bought a pair of Madsen's house corks a little over a year ago. They were Whites and they were heavy as hell. They seemed built to last, but not for me. I'm pretty happy with my red dawgs.

Not too badly. The soles are flat except for the calks themselves, so the mud falls free easily enough, and also the pokey bits poke through well enough even with mud that they grip when you need 'em to. They're not so grippy on rock, though, which may sound a bit smart-ass until you remember that there are plenty of places where exposed rock is out in the middle of an otherwise-timbered unit. Just try to keep your feet on wood or dirt and you'll be OK.

A hooktender and I almost took a bad fall--we each survived by dancing madly and fighting gravity, when we headed off the road and down into the brush. The road crew had dumped a few loads of asphalt at that place and it was covered up with a thin layer of duff and moss and hidden by salal. Hitting that was like being on ice. The road crew's ears were burning, I hope, even though they had to put it somewhere. Oh well, everybody needs to dance every once in a while. I just read where it cures the weather blahs. :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back