Borfor Forcat 2000 track skidder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tramp,

We have two huge equipment yards here, full of anything you can imagine. The Kila yard alone has probably 10-20 small dozers. Then there's the Columbia Falls yard, which is bigger yet.

I'm guessing you could walk away with a small dozer and a trailer for it for $5,000-$10,000. Of course, we are 2,225 miles away from Fairbanks. Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there. Here's a link to their (limited) website: http://www.russellstruckandequipment.com/

Here's the Kila Yard:

attachment.php

Here's the Columbia Falls Yard:

attachment.php

hey metals,they got any bobcat t320s up there?

Probably. . . A lot of their stuff is old, weird equipment. . . Real specialty stuff. Call it junk I guess, but it's neat to me. I'd say 3/4 of the stuff they got is good equipment.

They have a shop in C. Falls where they do a lot of work to the stuff they bring in. I know they have a t-190 for sale? It was just in the Traders Dispatch.

I can take a pic of the add they have in there. . . Give me a couple minutes.

The Traders Dispatch is a great publication, with a free subscription if you're a rancher or business owner. It has auction listings, animal husbandry articles, equipment ads, etc.

I always look forward to my copy every month.

Here's some poorly taken pictures, but you'll get the gist.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

good thing i got a few beers in me,i was able to read that clearly!looks like they got some good stuff up there,those are some nice bumpers there,there was an old boy from here that lived down in the deer country and he had 4 maybe 18"spikes on his brush guard,so when he hit one it was tagged bagged and delivered!lol

good thing i got a few beers in me,i was able to read that clearly!looks like they got some good stuff up there,those are some nice bumpers there,there was an old boy from here that lived down in the deer country and he had 4 maybe 18"spikes on his brush guard,so when he hit one it was tagged bagged and delivered!lol

LOL, new camera, I haven't quit figured it out yet.

And that spike story is funny. . . For the last 10 years I've thought about a bumper with retractable spikes. All the Law Dogs I know laugh about it, but they'd pull your butt over for it too!

They would say you made it to "intentionally hit animals". I don't know about you, but that don't make a whole lot of sense. When a headlight assembly on these new rigs cost $500+. . . You'd have to be out of your mind to intentionally hit anything! :dizzy:

LOL, new camera, I haven't quit figured it out yet.

And that spike story is funny. . . For the last 10 years I've thought about a bumper with retractable spikes. All the Law Dogs I know laugh about it, but they'd pull your butt over for it too!

They would say you made it to "intentionally hit animals". I don't know about you, but that don't make a whole lot of sense. When a headlight assembly on these new rigs cost $500+. . . You'd have to be out of your mind to intentionally hit anything! :dizzy:

i believe they would say that!this old boy i speak of comes from weed n.m.this place is back in the sticks,im not sure that the lawdogs even venture that way?to this day:clap:

Cool ...

I went on the web site and founs some iron that had very good prices and that looked very useful still .I was amazed at the size and price of the farm tractors They are about the size of a skidder .. The problem is transportation .. Getting something up here ... . If the Forcat happens , which I hope it does ,as it is perfect for me and what I,m doing now I was planning to drive my 1 ton ford to Calgary to get it ... It will fit right in the back or my truck ... There was a shear /skidder on that web site that sounded and looked interesting , if for no other reason than I couldn,t figure out how it warked .... There was also a Clark forwarder that was very interesting ....... , Just big and heavy to get here ..... ???? I have more questions than answers here ..... I really appreciate your time posting the pics , links and info .....

I went on the web site and founs some iron that had very good prices and that looked very useful still .I was amazed at the size and price of the farm tractors They are about the size of a skidder .. The problem is transportation .. Getting something up here ... . If the Forcat happens , which I hope it does ,as it is perfect for me and what I,m doing now I was planning to drive my 1 ton ford to Calgary to get it ... It will fit right in the back or my truck ... There was a shear /skidder on that web site that sounded and looked interesting , if for no other reason than I couldn,t figure out how it warked .... There was also a Clark forwarder that was very interesting ....... , Just big and heavy to get here ..... ???? I have more questions than answers here ..... I really appreciate your time posting the pics , links and info .....

Tramp,

We're just below Calgary. . . Not far at all. I'll try to get some pictures of the smaller cats they have in their yard. Some of them would dang near fit in your truck. :jawdrop:

Or, you could talk them into a package deal where you get a nice 12k trailer to haul it home on. . . Then you can use the trailer for wood too. :)

I called down there and talked to Ben ?? He is e mailing me some pics of a D21 Komatsu dozer ..... We,ll see ... They have quite a bit of small iron in Anchorage and Fairbanks ........ Draggin a trailer with a 9k lb machine on it back from Mt. is about 2 k in fuel and time ..... Plus wear and tear on the truck ......,. The nice thing about the Forcat is it fits well in the back of my truck ... I would get the same 14 mpg I do with a load of wood on ...

I called down there and talked to Ben ?? He is e mailing me some pics of a D21 Komatsu dozer ..... We,ll see ... They have quite a bit of small iron in Anchorage and Fairbanks ........ Draggin a trailer with a 9k lb machine on it back from Mt. is about 2 k in fuel and time ..... Plus wear and tear on the truck ......,. The nice thing about the Forcat is it fits well in the back of my truck ... I would get the same 14 mpg I do with a load of wood on ...

It would still be cheaper, no?? What did he say he'd do on a cat/trailer combo? You should be able to get that dozer, a trailer, and haul it all back for less than they want for that Forcat.

A couple grand for fuel etc is less than freight for a normal mobilization. . . $1.50 a mile is cheap for Mobe right now. . . So you should be able to come in under that.

Keep us posted. :cheers:

Ya most definately less than the Forcat . But there are some good Komatsu D20S in Eagle River for around 11,000$ .. Less than 200 miles away .. ......... There are other things the Forcat can do other than just log up here .. I am looking into things for the summer ......... But we'll see .... I need a better business plan ... Hard thing to come up with in a changing growing business but something I am intent on .... I like what I do ...
. Not being a mechanic by inclination , older iron gives me a feeling of trepidation ......A wheel skidder is fun to bash stuff with , but also rough as a cob to spend much time in.......... I know where there are 009 Madills I could get just for the shipping basically ....... But all I need is 10 cord a day or less capability .......A small dozer or the Forcat is great for that ......

Ya most definately less than the Forcat . But there are some good Komatsu D20S in Eagle River for around 11,000$ .. Less than 200 miles away .. ......... There are other things the Forcat can do other than just log up here .. I am looking into things for the summer ......... But we'll see .... I need a better business plan ... Hard thing to come up with in a changing growing business but something I am intent on .... I like what I do ...
. Not being a mechanic by inclination , older iron gives me a feeling of trepidation ......A wheel skidder is fun to bash stuff with , but also rough as a cob to spend much time in.......... I know where there are 009 Madills I could get just for the shipping basically ....... But all I need is 10 cord a day or less capability .......A small dozer or the Forcat is great for that ......

I know they have more dozers besides the one you're getting pics of. . . Smaller units yet, some with rubber tracks.

The Kila yard is right by my church, so I'll take some pics of what's visible from the highway. . . The dude owns a lot of stuff for sure.

I bet you would really benefit from a forwarding trailer too. . . Anything like that up in Alaska you could get used for cheap?

What does the Forcat company want for their forwarding trailer that hooks up to the Forcat??

Whatever you decide, you should get the equipment that suits your needs the best. . . Whether it be the Forcat or something else.

I would think you could greatly benefit from a firewood processor as well, after you figure out the "getting it out'a the woods" part. What kind of competition do you have up there for firewood sales? Could you market and sell 100-200 cord a year?

In these parts, everyone and their little sister sells firewood. . . Not very lucrative.

I think I could get up to 300 cord a year . But I easily saw that with a power saw .. But 200 is a good soon goal ......I,m doing around 25 cord per month doing it the hard way alone ....I have increased my price and sold everything I get out ........... I,m not doing the employee thing with the new laws out ... Talk about putting people out of work .... . What does wood sell for there , Firewood ..?

I think I could get up to 300 cord a year . But I easily saw that with a power saw .. But 200 is a good soon goal ......I,m doing around 25 cord per month doing it the hard way alone ....I have increased my price and sold everything I get out ........... I,m not doing the employee thing with the new laws out ... Talk about putting people out of work .... . What does wood sell for there , Firewood ..?

You can see about $125.00-$135 a cord for Lodgepole Pine delivered. . . Doug Fir and Western Larch averages $150-$170 a cord delivered.

This link to our local Trading paper gives a pretty good example: http://www.mountaintrader.com/pg-search.asp

Spruce and other real light woods like, Grand Fir, Alpine (piss) Fir, Black Cottonwood, Aspen, Birch, etc. are probably closer to $80-$110 a cord.

Check this out!! I'd personally make one with a swing grapple/winch combo.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKeQENKG8M0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKeQENKG8M0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tramp I saw it in an Auto&RV trader type magazine just got it today. So it may not be on the web site. www.autorv.com is address of mag.

Latest posts

Back