bought a 441 Magnum today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why you no like the QCS

Because it is totally unneeded, and adds complexity and a bit of weight to the saw + probably added wear on the break band.

It is also a potential liability, when/if it suddenly doesn't work (have heard of that happening) - or if you are accostumed to it, and grab a saw that doesn't have it.

Enjoy your new 441.
You might research some older posts here about bar length. Your 441 will easily handle a 25" bar. I believe it has a bit more power that a 440. Beyond just power, a 440 or 441 balances real well with a 25" bar.
Congratulations.

Mitch

Actually the 441 weighs about a pound more and has less power than the 440. Guys are scooping up what's left of the 440 at dealerships. How can a saw that pulled it's pants down for the EPA have more power? NO WAY. Ask an HONEST STIHL DEALER and that is exactly what they will tell you, wishing the 440 was still around. The 441 are kinda ugly too. But, a decent saw.

Because it is totally unneeded, and adds complexity and a bit of weight to the saw + probably added wear on the break band.

It is also a potential liability, when/if it suddenly doesn't work (have heard of that happening) - or if you are accostumed to it, and grab a saw that doesn't have it.

I think it is a nice extra safety feature. Especially when you are down low cutting mesquite and a snake comes out of the tree. Its nice to be able to let go of the saw and be safe doing it. As far as the liability if you know your saws you should be safe.
And did I tell you that I am selling my 441 to River Rat so I can get the QCS version on that saw as well.:givebeer:

And did I tell you that I am selling my 441 to River Rat so I can get the QCS version on that saw as well.:givebeer:

That was what initiated this little :sword:

Anyway, it is your choise and your money, and I have said what I had on my mind, so I :taped: :angel:

Last edited:
441 owners

hi all 441 owners.Just a quick question do any of you have trouble with the 441 flooding ??

mine had till today I started it no prob then saw needed fuel shut it off
never did get it started back

just a quick follow up,came home today and sharped her.She is really starting to impress,getting faster revving and more powerful :clap:

has nothing to do with the saw itself.

Okay guys I hate to break up the party but my 441 just wouldn't cut worth anything today. Very disappointed in the saw.

There were only a few pieces of shale inside the stump and the saw just quit cutting. I'm not trading it in yet, but what-in-the-world? That thing should be able to cut steel, rock, granite, cast iron, copper, wire, nails, glass, etc... without missing a beat. Finally a chink in the armor.:chainsawguy:

that is all chain.hell,dirt in the bark will kill a chain.can't blame the 441 for anything here.

Back