Bought some cheap insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I figured the back window of the F250 the pick up was on borrowed time cutting firewood so I have been on the look out for a window protector. The problem is all manufactured ones I looked at also had ladder racks built in and were above the cab of the truck. The truck right now just barely clears the garage door the way it was so the conventionally produced would not work. I found a homemade one on CL for $60 that was built heavy duty. I welded a piece of angle iron in to move the rack back 2" farther away from the cab and then painted it, (poorly) but hey, it's a work truck.
11jnj3b.jpg

21diwt2.jpg

28auixl.jpg

4utqhz.jpg

1z6ts0i.jpg

dpjpdy.jpg

2vlqsk9.jpg

C686C0FB-870E-4AAF-9F40-99C0D3EFD65B.jpeg Nice score!! I’ve smashed a couple of rear windows with previous trucks...anybody who haulss wood with their pick-up should invest in a headache-rack.
I’ve been looking for a while and picked this thing up. It was a pretty incredible deal. When I bought it, it was $48.00 with free shipping. I still have to add another bolt to each side because I sort of did a rush job. The hardware they included was o.k. In the directions, they said to install the bolts from top to bottom. I for the life of me couldn’t pull it off with the brackets and the washers. They sell hardware kits but they were more expensive then the rack itself. @c5rulz...I bet that thing paid for itself already!

https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-70234-Adjustable-Black-Headache/dp/B00IOES0YW

Should do the trick.

The first thing I did when I was 20 and bought my first firewood truck was toss a round through the back glass...I learned the hard way.
Never thrown a round through but I tried to take off a topper by myself once and that did the trick. Luckily I had just parted out another square Chevy and kept the beer window.

The truck I broke the window out of was a 2wd with 250 and 3 on a tree. My friend's father used it for his canoe outfitting business so it had never seen snow until he gave it to me which is a rarity in MN. He had a chunk of rubber fuel line above the manifold with some type of little mileage meter and when the old line broke the truck nearly burned but luckily there was snow to put out the fire lol.

Buddy of mine was throwing wood in the back of his truck and his father in law came out and said he better be careful he doesn’t bust the back window.....shortly after he threw one and smashed it.

View attachment 626980 Nice score!! I’ve smashed a couple of rear windows with previous trucks...anybody who haulss wood with their pick-up should invest in a headache-rack.
I’ve been looking for a while and picked this thing up. It was a pretty incredible deal. When I bought it, it was $48.00 with free shipping. I still have to add another bolt to each side because I sort of did a rush job. The hardware they included was o.k. In the directions, they said to install the bolts from top to bottom. I for the life of me couldn’t pull it off with the brackets and the washers. They sell hardware kits but they were more expensive then the rack itself. @c5rulz...I bet that thing paid for itself already!

https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-70234-Adjustable-Black-Headache/dp/B00IOES0YW

That is similar to everything I looked at, the problem is it is HIGHER than the top of the cab. The truck just barely clears my garage door the way it is. This truck is 4' longer and 10" taller than my 4WD Suburban I had before.

I've been thinking I need to get one also. Need to get WeatherTech mats and seat covers too.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

This truck has rubber floors and what they call steel vinyl seats, exactly what I wanted and not like the yuppified, blue toothed, TV screened, Cappuccino swilling people haulers most have for trucks. When I am cutting a lot, a tarp goes over the rear seats along with a 3/4" sheet of plywood and the saws ride in the back so I can haul more wood.

This truck has rubber floors and what they call steel vinyl seats, exactly what I wanted and not like the yuppified, blue toothed, TV screened, Cappuccino swilling people haulers most have for trucks. When I am cutting a lot, a tarp goes over the rear seats along with a 3/4" sheet of plywood and the saws ride in the back so I can haul more wood.
I just got a new F-250. Wasn't looking but I got a deal I couldn't refuse. It's not loaded to the max but it does have carpet floors and light grey cloth interior. Much too easy to mess up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Back