• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

BR550 carb adjust tool

gmcman

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Looking at my buddies blower, appears to have a replacement carb. Looking at the adjustment screws they looked smooth on the top is there a special tool for this?

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Yes there is, it's just a thin walled nut driver in reality. I just bought a cheap nut driver and turned the end down in my lathe thin enough to go in it. Sorry, but I don't remember what size it was.

I'm not surprised to hear it has a replacement carb, they were pretty much junk.

gmcman

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Ok, thanks. Sounds like it's not running at full rpm, what is the operating range/limit and does it have a rev limiting coil?

earlthegoat2

earlthegoat2

ArboristSite Guru
4mm nut driver.

Wiha makes them among others. It's a good use to buy the carb adjusting kit on amazon. It has 8 or so different drivers for all those wacky adjusters