Brake bands - Mac SP 125 c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumnuts

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Australia / Victoria / Mornington Peninsula
G'day
Have been doing up a Mac 125C Purchased from Ebay and posted here
several weeks ago.

The saw required several parts.Have located all but the brake band and retaining pin.
p/n 91410 brake band
91412 pin.
I have gone over the saw extensively and hope to keep purely as a collector saw.....of course I'll run it.....just won't work it.
If I cannot locate .........has anyone fabricated one out of spring steel from a recoil ie, lawnmower ?
Any suggestions on fabbing ....heat....appreciated ???
Importantly need the the correct length .Does anyone have a chain brake set up, on their 125 ? Can you measure brake band length please ?
Alternately will any other Mac brake band do the job.If so ,which models ?
Here's a couple of pics where saws up to .
Have spoken with Ozflea and others.Many thanks for your help.
- Graeme
:greenchainsaw:

sp125 brake parts

I have 3 brand new old-stock brake assemblies,the whole deal bolt on and go.They are gonna be kinda pricey as they were the last 3 of the orig mcculloch inventory.I am checking on the spring and latch availability and will let you know probably monday on those as i am gonna have to dig in the warehouse to find them.

Wish I could help my SP 105 has the brake I think Canada mandated the brake before the U.S but that was a long time ago. Any way look for guy's selling parts way up North.

Thanks guys

I have 3 brand new old-stock brake assemblies,the whole deal bolt on and go.They are gonna be kinda pricey as they were the last 3 of the orig mcculloch inventory.I am checking on the spring and latch availability and will let you know probably monday on those as i am gonna have to dig in the warehouse to find them.

Many thanks - Amazing what turns up in warehouses.My shed too... hehe.
Although I do have the assembly .It's just the band thats broken .Will
certainly be interested in NOS assembly tho.$$$ ?...PM me please.

Wish I could help my SP 105 has the brake I think Canada mandated the brake before the U.S but that was a long time ago. Any way look for guy's selling parts way up North.

Will check part numbers and see if the 105 is the same brake band.Really hoping for the length
Thanks ....have been doing some biz with Dave / chainsawguy.Very helpfull..
great guy.

Nice job on the clean up - good on ya!

Many thanks.Although i have a shed ; each piece has been an inside job.Still paying the wife off, in favors .Would have posted progress photos but its dragged on for weeks.
Was lucky piston cyl cleaned up .Ports and carby filthy.Reed as new.

- Graeme

sp125 brake parts

Was wondering if you still had brake band assembly for sp125 . Would like to purchase one assembly . Thanks

Back