Brand New Jonsered 2166 Will Not Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that work list! Do you know my wife?

I have about half of that done already. Will start tearing it down later this week and hope for the best.
I did watch a vid by Donyboy on Youtube where he did it on a Stihl, and think I can handle it.
Thanks so much for the interest and help!

Love that work list! Do you know my wife?

I have about half of that done already. Will start tearing it down later this week and hope for the best.
I did watch a vid by Donyboy on Youtube where he did it on a Stihl, and think I can handle it.
Thanks so much for the interest and help!
Really simple saws
Here's a husky version same layout
Not xt though.20180707_101601.jpg 20180628_162623.jpg

If memory serves
4mm exhaust bracket x2
5mm muffler bolts in the tubes x2
4mm cylinder and one on the wrap x5
3mm carb bolts x2
Disconnect throttle cable
Fuel and pulse.
Pop choke lever loose and pull out of grommet.
The boot and carb can come off as a unit.
Cake saws to work on.
Take pics
Are you referring to the bolt size or the Allen wrench size?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've seen guy's pay big money to have saws worked on.
Other than bearings or autotronic crap.
That does require specialty tools and experience.
They are simple engine's
I like the bondhus the best
Weighted handles.20180623_105306.jpg oe style
Xt similar.13189.jpg

I've seen guy's pay big money to have saws worked on.
Other than bearings or autotronic crap.
That does require specialty tools and experience.
They are simple engine's
I like the bondhus the best
Weighted handles.View attachment 662179 oe style
Xt similar.View attachment 662178

Thanks for the Bondhus tip. Honestly, never heard of them. I landed a full set of Snap On T handle hexes (MM and SAE) last year on CL for 50 bucks. They were virtually brand new. Was a heavy equip repair shop going out of business.

Damn thing still will not travel fully up/down. So I get a flashlight and look down inside the starter flywheel and see a bold at the very bottom that has apparently backed out? of the saw housing and is clearly blocking the flywheel from turning. I was not able to see it with the head in place. Look at the attached photo. I am terrible at trying to put arrows on these pics. If I tried, I would probably send up an ICBM from some cornfield in Nebraska
You can see the bolt in a small rectangular area just above and at the right edge of the flywheel.
So, I tried to wiggle it out with surgical forceps without success. It feels like it is still threaded into the hole from where it backed out. Take the flywheel off?
Put it back in with thread locker?Jonyred 4 close.jpgJonyred 4 close.jpg

I think somewhere along someone mentioned a bolt backed out. That's excellent sir! Good detective work. Now with the cylinder off you can remove the base gasket and grind the restrictions out of the transfer covers, open up the muffler. You'll have a $350 brand new 2172!

Back