Brand New Jonsered 2166 Will Not Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite Allagash is this little number they make called Curieux. At 11% in a 750ml it's better for sharing than saw fixin'.

Today's selection...

Attachments

• 917D2482-D7F3-49D2-A239-F808B947BF00.jpeg
    917D2482-D7F3-49D2-A239-F808B947BF00.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 928FABDB-ACE3-4E4F-B5CE-76DC4589C829.jpeg
    928FABDB-ACE3-4E4F-B5CE-76DC4589C829.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
So......a couple of months later and I am back. Lots of grass cutting, shuttling family to medical appointments and keeping a job to support CAD...yada, yada, yada.
Had to order a puller tool from Bailey's to get the flywheel off, and it was backordered. Just got it last week. And here is the culprit......Jonyred screw.jpg

Did you check tightness on every other screw/bolt you coukd reach? For future reference you dont need a puller for flywheels. Loosen tge nut flush witg top of crank threads take a large screwdriver lightly wedge up on the handle and give the crank a good smack with a brass hammer. If no brass glue a piece of hardwood to any hammer you have and hit it with that. The shock and the slight leverage on the fw it will pop right loose from the taper of the crank easy.

Yep. Torqued all that I could see.
Regarding the flywheel puller.....
Used your method in the past, and it did not go well. Maybe I am too heavy handed, but actually broke a flywheel that way. I have heard others here allude to the same thing. I guess if I had a better touch, the result may have been different. This saw is almost new and I did not want to take a chance.
I am no engineer, but I just don't like lateral or uneven forces applied to a shaft. This thing was about 30 bucks and came with a slew of accessories to pull a lot of stuff. Worked like a charm!

Back