Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how you all doing guys,ain't heard from High-point for a while,or Treesa green,you still in the channel islands Ross [good to see ya at the show]

Hi Rolla,Yes im still here in Jersey & loving it still.The boss put an add on Arb Jobs but not sure how many applicants as hes on holiday i mexico.
I have just been put on sick until the 27th due to a fall in to a fork from 3` off the ground,just got muscle damage to my rear right side.

4 X 4 grinders

Any of you grinders out there think 4 x 4 grinders are the way to go or would the extra costs not be worth it on 4012, 352, 1635, size machines.??:confused:

ROLLACOSTA said:
Domestic work is off and on,been a funny old year work wise
HELLO THERE ROLLACOSTA IVE NOT SPOKEN TO YOU IN A LONG TIME , YER RIGHT IT HAS BEEN A FUNNY OLD YEAR , HOPE THINGS ARE ALL OK WITH YOU AND YOURS . THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO YOU I,D STARTED MOWING IN THE EARLY SUMMER COS THE TREE WORK HAD DROPPED OFF ,WELL IT DIDNT GET ANY BETTER ,SO KICKED THE THAT SELF EMPLOYED MALLARKEY INTO TOUCH THE MAN IS MAKEING IT TO HARD TO CONTINUE, BUT I MANAGED TO GET A COUNCIL JOB AS A FORESTER I SOLD ME TRUCK ! THEY GAVE ME AN L200 PICK UP 8 TILL 4, FLEXI TIME , PENSION , ALL BELLS AND WHISTELS ! RESULT ! NO MORE CLIMBING THOUGH WHICH IS A BUMMER BUT I STILL GET A CLIMB NOW AND THEN JUST FOR FUN , FEELS LIKE THE PRESSURES OFF NOW THOUGH HOPE ALLS WELL REGARDS PETE (JACK GREEN ) :cheers:

Bloody hell Jack you landed on your feet,sounds like a good job.Work has been on and off for me,i've thought about giving up a few times,like you say the man ain't helping us self employed dudes,he just makes it harder,good to hear your well mate..:cheers:

Liston said:
Any of you grinders out there think 4 x 4 grinders are the way to go or would the extra costs not be worth it on 4012, 352, 1635, size machines.??:confused:

Not really worth it mate imo,on big 50hp grinders i'd say yes definatly. how are you finding stump grinder sales? stump grinding has become very quiet,and the rates have come down dramaticly,other than to many machines for the market ,have you got any other reason why grinding has or is going down the pan?

Dave i'll say one thing ,you was right about 352's having to much vibration,whilst i'm not having any serious problems ,i'm for ever tightening up nuts and bolts..

Ross good to here from you ,did you get back with the misses or are still enjoying the single life..lol

I didnt get back with her & found out she is moving back to Lincolnshire next week with her partner & kids.Im not single either as i have found myself a nice scottish lass who i get on great with,Meant to be going to St Malo friday is the weather permits.

Grinder sales

ROLLACOSTA said:
Not really worth it mate imo,on big 50hp grinders i'd say yes definatly. how are you finding stump grinder sales? stump grinding has become very quiet,and the rates have come down dramaticly,other than to many machines for the market ,have you got any other reason why grinding has or is going down the pan?

Dave i'll say one thing ,you was right about 352's having to much vibration,whilst i'm not having any serious problems ,i'm for ever tightening up nuts and bolts..

Ross good to here from you ,did you get back with the misses or are still enjoying the single life..lol

Sales are good this time of year, but we have new products comeing on for the spring you guys will like made for the Uk market.
Got a new 4012 Diesel , with 33hp kubota, options like 4x4 and hydraulic dozer blade.

would love to demo you lot when they arrive .

Time to change those direct drive vermeers guys. :cheers:

Just thought I'd interupt to let you know....

Ashes return to Australia ... 3 out of 5 test matches won.

Ekka said:
Just thought I'd interupt to let you know....

Ashes return to Australia ... 3 out of 5 test matches won.

Did somebody mention that very old fashioned game called cricket..lol:D

Ekka I heard on the grapevine we won the last rugby world cup..;)

Might go to the boxing day test in melbourne and get aled up,you have some classy players coming thru and our dads army are just about out the door!

Seasons greatings to the UK guys/gals hope you have a prosperous new year.

Lets just face facts we're just no good at cricket,dunno if its the lack of kids coming through the ranks,bad coaching who knows,I must say cricket isn't a popualar sport over here like it was..:(

Anyway Aussie i'd go to the cricket sounds good for laugh,and always more fun with a beer or 10 :D ...Seasons greetings to all the Aussies on here..

Well Warnie is retiring and the hot news here is he wants to coach the english team as he prefers to live in the UK,he was basically calling the shots thru Steve Waughs rein as captain(waugh said this)i think you will improve quite rapidly,he's one hell of a competitor.

cricket is very very popular around my region and australia wide you could feild 3-4 test sides no problem,getting a spot and keeping it near impossible in 1st class.

Thanks Rolla and I bet you Brits would love a white Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all and be good or Santa wont visit.

It's hot here, we're gonna do a smoked pork on the weber but have some great seafood too. I love prawns, bugs and crabs.

Warne would have been capt if it wasn't for that snitching ????? going on about some dirty phone calls. Then dont forget he had a year out for substance abuse coz of some junk he took for losing weight. It cost him the captaincy.

I think the difference would be that people get inspired by seeing an ordinary bloke with extraordinary skills .... a passion for the game and who gives a rats ass about what some snob thinks.

Many tried to crap on Warne, but at the end of the day they aint taking wickets either.

Lopa, screw MB and his dictatorship. My sig carries the mark for a while like it did for the Crocodile Hunter. Let his nights be sleepless.

Ekka said:
Lopa, screw MB and his dictatorship. My sig carries the mark for a while like it did for the Crocodile Hunter. Let his nights be sleepless.

im confused....what did this thread have to do with mb?

Ekka said:

Yawn. The usuall melodrama:welcome:

Back