Broke the splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowawoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
20200601_114612.jpg20200601_114555.jpg20200601_114605.jpg
I dont know if I'll be able to find a replacement piece since it's an old splitter. It would probably have to be specially made. Any ideas?

Search for hydraulic cylinder clevis and I think you'll be able to find something to match. Might want to know why it broke - binding, overloaded, flaw in material, or just plain worn out.
Thanks. I think there must have been a lot pressure on the bottom, and that's why it broke out. Plus it's pretty old.

Surplus center in Lincoln Ne has them listed. You may have some problems getting a new one to screw on there with out having the threads repaired. Like the others said double check nothing is binding. Those clevis ends are cast and some times they break. I have had a few on field disks break over the years.

I think I might have just got it drilled & run a bolt through it & come up with something that way. The bolt would then serve as a (easily fixed) shear point. Shouldn't be a lot of strain on it just pulling the wedge back. Unless something binds. Which can happen.

Fix looks good though, doubt you could find a clevis like that around these parts.

Back