Brush bandit 250xp with jd 4045 no start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be clear the starter wont work right? Its not a case of cranking and not firing, cause that sounds like the Murphy in that particular instance. But i think you aint getting power to the solenoid from the ign switch.
yes starter doesn't engage at all. turn ignition and tack tack tack, but the tack noise is only coming from the starter relay solenoid. if i take it out and jump it directly from a battery, then the starter works fine. put it back in, hook it back up and nothing. i am getting 12 volts to everything. from ignition switch to starter relay solenoid, then from starter relay solenoid to starter solenoid. murphy switch sometimes stays in, other times not. so i'm at a loss. maybe it's a relay, maybe the murphy switch, maybe the ignition switch. no idea. will more than likely drop it off at the dealer and let them deal with the headache. i can turn a wrench, but when it comes to electrical, forget it. lol will report back if dealer gets it figured out in the future. thanks for helping me

yes starter doesn't engage at all. turn ignition and tack tack tack, but the tack noise is only coming from the starter relay solenoid. if i take it out and jump it directly from a battery, then the starter works fine. put it back in, hook it back up and nothing. i am getting 12 volts to everything. from ignition switch to starter relay solenoid, then from starter relay solenoid to starter solenoid. murphy switch sometimes stays in, other times not. so i'm at a loss. maybe it's a relay, maybe the murphy switch, maybe the ignition switch. no idea. will more than likely drop it off at the dealer and let them deal with the headache. i can turn a wrench, but when it comes to electrical, forget it. lol will report back if dealer gets it figured out in the future. thanks for helping me
Ign switch is putting power to where you need it to the solenoid ,keep at it you are close. So all the solenoid and relays are letting 12 v go out of them and the starter wont work tap on it.

Ign switch is putting power to where you need it to the solenoid ,keep at it you are close. So all the solenoid and relays are letting 12 v go out of them and the starter wont work tap on it.
starter is freshly rebuild. as in had it rebuild two days ago. had them even bench test it in front of me b4 i left the rebuild shop. so starter is good to go. also battery is brand new also. starts my tractor no problem. so that's also not an issue. as far as this thing goes, i'm maxes out on my mechanical capabilities. so i think the dealer may be my safest bet. plus i got it for free, it's been sitting the last 6 years. only has 22 hours on it. lol. he bought it just for personal use around his property. it's not stolen, i got it from my old boss who's to old to use it now and clearly has to much money as he left it out in the weather for the last 4 years.

starter is freshly rebuild. as in had it rebuild two days ago. had them even bench test it in front of me b4 i left the rebuild shop. so starter is good to go. also battery is brand new also. starts my tractor no problem. so that's also not an issue. as far as this thing goes, i'm maxes out on my mechanical capabilities. so i think the dealer may be my safest bet. plus i got it for free, it's been sitting the last 6 years. only has 22 hours on it. lol. he bought it just for personal use around his property. it's not stolen, i got it from my old boss who's to old to use it now and clearly has to much money as he left it out in the weather for the last 4 years.
See if the relays and or solenoids are working with the test meter.

Who rebuilt the starter should be able to help you the dealer will kill you.
a certified rebuilder where i live. he does all my starters for my tractors and trucks. never once had a problem with him. does awesome work. and he's busy as heck so not sure he would even have the time to help me. also i think dealer could pull up codes and run a diagnostics test. so would only need to pay for the first hour then they could let me know what's wrong and i can go from there or just have them fix it.

Good luck.
got it figured out. when i had the starter rebuilt, they put to much paint on the center housing of the starter motor, so when they reassembled it, it wasn't getting a ground through the housing of the starter motor. cleaned off the extra paint and runs like a champ. thanks for the help man.

got it figured out. when i had the starter rebuilt, they put to much paint on the center housing of the starter motor, so when they reassembled it, it wasn't getting a ground through the housing of the starter motor. cleaned off the extra paint and runs like a champ. thanks for the help man.
Awesome ,I knew you were close yesterday glad you didnt give up.

Back