Bucket rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear from you Dan..

The operator has to be careful and not try to take it if the rope man is not giving him any.. it was not very well coordinated... should have been a lot smoother...

that said, the double overhead rigging points reduce the force and redirect the vector in such a way as to greatly improve the strength of the tree.. at abouot 6000 lbs, I'd guess the rope to be the weak point in that system, especially given the strength of sweet gum...

"especially given the strength of sweet gum".

Are you serious with that murph??

that is a nice setup with the spider leg and grcs you have setup. i would love to be able to do that on jobs, but it just seems to me like it would take a loooooong time to do that tree. i think if i did that it would make a 3 hour tree a 6.

but then again i could be wrong do you notice that your jobs go faster using thies techniques?

and another thing is are you running the skid steer on mats or anything? if i drove a skidsteer in some of my customers yard id probably wind up putting down SOD. just going back and forth 10 times will leave ruts.

this post means no critisism everybody does things different.

I did notice that rope angle. One day you are going to break out the rigging point and it's going to catch the bucket operator.

Any idea what forces you are placing at that rigging point? I'm sure it's many times the weight of the load. The starting load is 2X the load BEFORE the horizontal pulling is added.

It's only a matter of time and one day that rigging point is coming down.

not only the rigging point but the ropes, at 40 % tensile you do permanent damage, and you have know "force gauge" on your skid steer, i personely hate putting my ropes on a machine because of that fact, that being said it would have been a hell of a pull over the flowers and can see why it was done you op has to be super careful not to have an are spasum is all

from what i saw i was thinking speed line as well but i understand that seeing it in person and seeing it on a video are completely different
i cant say i agree with everything you've ever done murph but ive got your back on this one

I did this tree the fastest safest way I knew how... no cut was made for the camera... rigging a spider leg from a bucket is quick and easy... near balance point rigging some of those long limbs over the house that were well out of reach from the bucket was necessary to clear the house, and stay in the bucket.. Once you develop a system , it goes fast enough... though waiting for the ropes to be untied does require a little patience... No one's fault but my own.. should go to knotless rigging... would save a lot of time when lowering a lot of pieces from the bucket... not an everyday event, though still worth the time and trouble to incorporate into the system..

enjoyed your vid. ofcourse the bucket and a crane would have been the perfect tools but then the vid would have been real boring.

Three and a half hours my foot.. not with all that fiasco going on!

I think you need to start thinking inside the box murph.. some of that stuff just looks silly and unnecessary from my perspective.

Just being honest here.

I also don't really appreciate being lied to either.

Just cause you all haven't seen it done, don't make the mistake of thinking it can't be done...

Bigger is faster in general... and if you think that was big.. you should have seen the stuff Big Jon used to rig...

You are the ones who think in the box... If you want to see outside the box... check out the other vids on youtube... bunch of them that I never posted links to here..

Better yet, let's leave all this bickering behind and get together again Ben.. cause I'd like to see you call me a liar to my face!!!

I never said that I thought those were big cuts, just that it looked like a fiasco. But what do I know, I've only been at this for 20 years.

Wanna talk big cuts, you should see mds rip down a red oak murphles, talking old school CT style baby! :laugh:

Just cause you all haven't seen it done, don't make the mistake of thinking it can't be done...

Bigger is faster in general... and if you think that was big.. you should have seen the stuff Big Jon used to rig...

You are the ones who think in the box... If you want to see outside the box... check out the other vids on youtube... bunch of them that I never posted links to here..

Better yet, let's leave all this bickering behind and get together again Ben.. cause I'd like to see you call me a liar to my face!!!

play nice fella s you philly guys can use all the friends you can get.

And I would like to see you dismantle a tree like that and have the job done in three and a half hours.
Its OK Murph, I would do it, I don't believe you. I think you are lying about the time it took. I really do, I see a few people who embelish like this and its kinda sad.
Think about this: its not my fault i think you are lying... is it?

Lol I used to rig huge those would have been tooth pics in comparison. I have seen too many ropes fail and gear get trashed so now its a bit more conservative. Nice job Murph you got it done I would have parked the Mack and set grapple to the side and then cut and pitched that whole tree into it I have done it many times. No raking, no loading and the whole job is done when I get down! It is a little more time in the bucket though.

play nice fella s you philly guys can use all the friends you can get.

Lol I was sorta thinking the same way, is this the wwf? If so the Dan must be Ed Mahkman and Murph the missing link but what do I know:hmm3grin2orange: Hey murph you can call me anything but don't call me late to lunch lmfao:cheers:

I like the golf clap at the beginning, the part where it almost hits the house great but it seems like so much bs just watching you set it up... idk

Allright, I'm sorry. Really, I shouldn't have said that. If you say 3.5 then I have to take you at your word and I admit that is a hell of feat you pulled. Not only on the gum but in all your work. You are pretty dam good.
I also don't really think pulling the limbs out with the loader is all that far fetched either. It takes the crew thinking clearly to do the sort of stuff old man Murph does cause when it comes down to it... well it just really comes down to it. Sure, things get close, they sure do and that goes for everybody out there no matter who or what.
Its good to see a guy like Murphels swinging the bat. He does his own dam work from conception to completion. Its a heavy line to tow and he tows it and really there is not much else to say besides that.

Latest posts

Back