Bucket Truck "Tri mode" controller/Hydraulics dead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kgw51gmc

94 c3500 hd boat anchor
Reaction score
Got back to tinkering with ole' 94 Frank Doerr Truck Equipment bucket truck. I rebuilt the upper boom cylinder, the lower cylinder worked perfect/no leaks. Rotated nicely too. Well, went to try it a while back and a line is busted inside the boom. So left sit, and while sitting one of the wires fell off on the Tri Mode controller box under the hood on the left fender. I can't tell where it came from. The terminals are all so rusty and no fresh metal spots. Now the toggle switch on the dash does not engage the hydraulics. I can clip wire on and cause weird things to happen.
There are NO WIRES going up to the boom anymore. Prev owner installed a toggle switch on dash to turn pump on thru the Tri-Mode controller box. It turned the pump clutch on AND turned engine up to fast idle. Now It doesn't do anything.
Can I bypass the controller box? There is a valve up on the bucket that I think is an emerency let pressure out valve (maybe). If I can let it down hydraulically during failure, then all I want to do is achieve fast idle and pump on with a toggle switch. I don't care about starting truck engine etc from the bucket.
I live at zip 15370, any of you guys live close to here? Anyone want to have a socially distant truck visit here? I raise beef, I'll make it worth your time.

Latest posts

Back