Bucket Truck without air brakes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local utility has contacted me about doing spot trimming. I told them I didn't have a bucket truck, and they said "just rent one and bill us for it". My chipper truck is a 5500, doesn't have air brakes, so I didn't get my DZ. Just wondering if bucket trucks actually exist with hydraulic brakes or if they're all air brake and I'm SOL.

In Michigan it was only a little book test for the air brake endorsement. It also only cost like $10 when I took it about 10yrs ago.

Might be easier to just add it to your cdl.

If the air brake equipped truck is less than 26,001lbs an air brake endorsement isn't required in the US. So many med duty trucks come with air brakes now that the Feds dropped the requirement for non CDL wts.

My local utility has contacted me about doing spot trimming. I told them I didn't have a bucket truck, and they said "just rent one and bill us for it". My chipper truck is a 5500, doesn't have air brakes, so I didn't get my DZ. Just wondering if bucket trucks actually exist with hydraulic brakes or if they're all air brake and I'm SOL.

yes...there are many bucket trucks out there with hydraulic brakes

Latest posts

Back