• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Bucket Truck

Laureneb99

Laureneb99

Looking at buying a bucket truck with a High Ranger boom all the hydraulic lines need replacing due to dry rotting, was wondering roughly how much that would cost replacing them myself. Model #5FI-45

Dave P 71801

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
Just ran across this it may not be of any use to you anymore but it will cost you a lot you can figure about $3 per foot of hose I know the price of the hose is actually slightly less but by the time you put the fittings on it that's about where usually averages and that's getting quad braid hose you could go dual braid but for something that's keeping me in the air in my life kind of depends on it I'm getting the best available.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Blowing a line shouldn't affect your life. There are safety valves to protect the bucket from dropping in case of a tube or hose failure.

NIP Group
Dave P 71801

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah on the newer trucks there are for there was when it left the factory I seen two newer trucks that the safety valves were pulled out of the cylinder so the bucket would operate faster so after seeing that I just assumed that there's not a safety valve in there that way that way I'm more cautious and methodical in my maintenance inspections it's better to be safe than sorry and it's been my experience to never rely on any backup safety device no matter how good it is or what it is

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Load holding or over center valve is what I've called them.

Newer trucks? I bet all of them have some sort of fail safe.